Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coopman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2007, 10:40 PM
    High interest rate
    I'm stuck with a high interest mortgage on a mobile home the payoff never goes down so I can't trade because the payoff is more than its worth what should I do
    buzzman Posts: 54, Reputation: 9

Aug 24, 2007, 11:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by coopman
    im stuck with a high interest mortgage on a mobile home the payoff never goes down so i can't trade because the payoff is more than its worth what should i do
    Look for a good deal on an appreciating asset like a house, and cut your losses. You will pay more in the long run of being a no win situation that you are in. A mobile home is much like a car. It is a depreciating asset, but an asset nevertheless. Look at it in terms of how much interest you would pay if you stayed in it.

Another response would be to get a roommate. A roommate for a few months would help minimize the pains of the loss. Remember, interest rates are on the rise. My belief is they are going to get worse before they get better. We are on a worldwide "Credit crunch". Lending agencies have "overextended" themselves and have been lending money that they don't have. This means many money market crashes are expected to happen. It is why the Feds have had to get involved, so we don't go into a global recession.

One more idea that came to me is, you can ask around you area if anchoring your trailer some how to a solid formation will allow you to get approved for a mortgage vs a personal loan. Depending on your area and the laws, anchoring your trailer to a concrete foundation will allow you to qualify your mobile home to a mortgage which is obviously substantually cheaper than a personal loan interest rate. Something to think about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Effective Interest Rate [ 4 Answers ]

Investor pay $950 for a 5-yr, $1000 bond paying 9%. Is interest per year off 950 or 1000?:eek:

Can you tell us how to get rid of high interest rate Helioc? [ 2 Answers ]

Bought a home about a year ago. 80% of the loan in a 30 yr fixed and 20% in a variable Helioc (no MI). The Helioc is at about 9% interest right now and we "think" we would like to refinance just that part of the loan- we have no need to borrow against the Helioc and can afford larger payments....

View more questions Search