Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4coley Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2005, 12:34 PM
    Still love my ex after 2 years... I hate it!
    I am a 27 year old female who is just now realizing I love my ex still. We broke up a year and a hlaf ago, but tried to do the friend thing until he found another woman. He has been with her for 6 months. He stopped talking to me when he found her. (Good thing) I thought I was over him until I talked with him a week ago and he started crying when we talked. He asked this girl to move in with him after 3 months and wants to move to Cali and take her with but she won't go. We were together for almost 2 years and were engaged,and right after we broke up he started sleeping with other women and hasn't been alone since. It still hurts that the found someone so quickly. I wish it wouldn't. I am still trying to work on myself before I date and people say I should have moved on by now. I thought I did. But haven't. Any words of wisdom would be great!
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2005, 03:15 PM
    This is a tough one.

I have written a lot about win-back here at a another post:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=11765

Also, in your situation - I HIGHLY advise you go to this website and read EVERY free article: www.lovetactics.com

I am wondering if this more 'Wanting what you can't have' AND lonely and maybe a little jealous? There are reason you broke - some one too needy-clingy - maybe some you or him did that repulsed each other?? Some one took the other for granted?? Loss of respect and trust??

Who broke up with whom?

Aug 30, 2005, 03:27 PM
    He broke up with me
    He broke up with me. I got pregnant and did have the option of aborting the baby. He hated that was an option. He broke up with me and then started sleeping with randoms, but the same time said he still loved me. Yeah, that makes sense. I lost the baby and he still continued his lifestyle, mind you we were still living together. When we moved out, we were still friends, he was still seeing girls and saying he loved me and I was in his heart. He got a girlfriend and she told him he needed to stop talking to me. That is what he did.
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2005, 09:43 AM
    I'd be careful here. It seems like he is not done playing around.

Take it slow. Contact him, but don't be too available to him. See where it goes. BE caucious though - it sounds like he already hurt you a couple times.

Also - think about the bad things - do you really want to go through that again?

Has he changed? Have you changed? (hopefully both for the better)

Aug 31, 2005, 09:57 AM
    I am not allowed to contact him. (his girlfriend) I have written him letters, but I really don't think they do anything except for the one I gave him and he cried when he read it. He is not still playing around. He has been wit this girl for 6 months and has asked her to move to Cali but she won't. That is what makes this so hard. I know somewhere he still has feelings for me, but he won't admit it.
    He hasn't changed at all. If anything he went backwards and yes I do not want to be with someone like that, but when he was with me, he was a totally different person. Maybe who he is now is who he really is and I just never knew it.
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2005, 10:17 AM
    "Maybe who he is now is who he really is and I just never knew it."

Happens a lot - love is blind.

This happened to me more than once with woman.

I don't think it matters what the other woman says. I know s he did it to make the relationship work - it's important. Do you have his cell #?

Would you move to California with him?

The other woman sounds controlling - not willing to move etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I hate myself [ 33 Answers ]

I'm so insicure about about everything I think I'm ugly fat and stupid and I just don't want to be around anymore I always think that everyone would be better off without me And that I'm just in the way of everyone I feel like my life is nothing but a big screw up And that I'm useless I...

Ugh I hate this please help [ 13 Answers ]

Really like two ofmy ex boyfriends one I think hates me well he tells me he likes me and stuff but he's only mentioned me giving him head and I said no then he asked if we could be friends with benefits that's what we were before we didn't have a cometment but all we did was makeout and cuddle but...

Why does my son hate me? [ 24 Answers ]

Hello. I am new to this site. I have an 18 year old whom just moved out. All we do is argue. He calls me terrible names. He treats me so badly that I had to kick him out. I just don't get it. I helped him get a car twice and even let him be quoted on our insurance. He works full time and has no...

Don't you hate it when... [ 13 Answers ]

Don't you hate it when you have a friend that you enjoy hanging out with, but they are so insecure about their appearance, that they rip on every girl that walks by that is somewhat attractive (even ones that aren't at all) and can't stand it when a girl even says "hi" to her husband. It makes me...

WHY! Could he hate me now? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay I'm abit depressed because there's this guy I know,and for a long time we've been friends.Not great friends by any means,but he's forever been friendly with me,and never gave me any reason to think he hated me.We chat occasionally,but in recent weeks he's been very withdrawn,and I haven't done...

View more questions Search