In February
    In March
    In April

Thanks
    Jane
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

Aug 30, 2005, 10:56 AM
    Source to check out
    Please check out the US Department of Commerce; or the National Weather Service
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2005, 12:06 PM
    I was not able to find "quick and easy" for you - for confirming total "daylight hours" - or "sunup to sundown", but here's a link for confirming the sunup and sundown times for Paris.

I hope this helps!
    Jane_II Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2005, 12:48 PM
    Thanks for yours answers. On the US sites I found no information about Paris in France. For the second link, I wanted to know how many hours sun really lit, not the sunrise and sunset dates.

Thanks for your help!
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2005, 03:05 AM
    What do you mean by "how many hours sun really lit"?

Of course there is some daylight before the sun rises and after it sets, but there is no specific minute that the sun "starts lighting" Paris before sunrise or "stops lighting" it after sunset.
    Jane_II Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2005, 11:56 AM
    Dear rickj,
    Thank you for your help. I want to know how many hours sunlight was in Paris from January to April. Itīs not same as hours from sunrise to sunset. When itīs cloudy, sun doesnīt light.

Thanks a regards
    Jane
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2005, 12:01 PM
    I'm sorry to say - but you just are not going to find an accurate figure for it. Even if someone timed the moments that the sun were behind clouds, it would be different for one part of the city than the other (realizing some parts of the city would be shadowed by a cloud and others would not be).

This is not a situation that math or meteorology can answer. It's just too subjective, and cannot be determined for all of one city.
    shanus Posts: 17, Reputation: 0

Sep 12, 2005, 02:07 AM
    Sunlight measuring device
    I have once seen a device at a meteorology station that was used to measure the amount of sunshine.

It is a simple glass sphere about 100mm in diameter and below it was a card with the times of the day written on it. As the sun shon, the glass sphere acted as a magnifying glass and burnt a line through the card, as it didn't, there was no line.

Of course this device was not accurate in giving the amount of sunshine for the whole city but it gave a good average. However I'm not sure where they keep the data or how you could find it :)
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2005, 03:22 AM
    OK, I did find something on this.

It's called a Campbell-Stokes sunshine recorder.

I found a lot of reading about it here but did not find any references to any recordings having been done in Paris.

I glanced through, but did not comb these 28 results for "campbell stokes sunshine recorder" AND paris so give them a read through - you may find at least who runs one in Paris, then contact them to see if you could obtain some readings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Meteorology nut [ 2 Answers ]

My Husband's son is really interested about meteorology where can I purchase those instruments of precision (like for example a barometer ), also are they any association or meeting where he can participate either e-mail or... anything will help thank you

Finding colleges with meteorology classes, if no degree [ 1 Answers ]

I live in KY and want to find a college or university that has any type of meteorology classes, either in preparation for a degree or just for beginners. I want to be a Storm Chaser to accumulate more tornado data to try and create a more advanced warning system

View more questions Search