Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nickieyes Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2005, 09:09 AM
    Getting back a sent e-mail
    Hello..

Is there any way to unsend a sent e-mail. I just sent a nasty e-mail to someone because I misunderstood something that someone else said. I would like her to not read it but. I thought there was a way to do it if you were using a certain e-mail program but I can't really remember. Anyway,. can it be done?

Thanks,

Paul
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2005, 09:12 AM
    The only way I know of is if you are both using Exchange server (usually within the same company as well), you are using Outlook, and the other person has not received the mail on their local computer yet.

If it was webmail then you are out of luck, if it was between two companies with diff mail servers then you are out of luck.
    nickieyes Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2005, 09:14 AM
    Thanks
    NeedKarma:

Thanks for your reply.

Paul :(
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 30, 2005, 10:25 AM
    AOL also has this feature, but ONLY if you are sending to another AOL member and only if it hasn't been read yet.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2005, 05:58 AM
    Sent Email
    Hi,
    No, normally, when you send an email, it's gone; can't get it back.
    You might consider sending another email to that person, and apologize for the one you just sent.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 31, 2005, 09:11 AM
    More echos from Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low cold water pressure in 2 showers... Not back to back config however [ 8 Answers ]

My home is 16 years old, I've had it for 5 years. I am on a pump - with 70LBS high cutoff and 55lbs Low turn on. All copper - I have 2 Delta 1600 shower faucets - one tub spicket with shower diverter - one shower only. The tub/shower combo has allways had only a trickle of cold water and...

Definitely The Best E-mail Of The Year ! [ 9 Answers ]

A man was sick and tired of going to work every day while his wife stayed home. He wanted her to see what he went through so he prayed: "Dear Lord: I go to...

Transferred from my E-Mail [ 1 Answers ]

Larry D asks; Not every time but 2 out of 3 times... when I start a fire in the Fireplace... there will be the smell of sewage coming from the master bedroom Shower... we are on a septic system... 2 people live in the House... Just moved into the house 6 months ago... any ideals as to what The...

OE e-mail back up [ 2 Answers ]

How can I back up and save my e-mail folders in OE?

Mail a tree? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a sentimental desire to plant a seedling from my grandmothers Norway Maple tree in my own back yard. Last summer I dug up five seedlings and drove 3 days and planted them. I think they would have done well except that the bunnies ate the leaves as fast as they could grow. I can't...

View more questions Search