Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nickieyes Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2005, 08:58 AM
    AOL Instant Messenger Question
    Hi..

I have the latest version of AOL IM. Is there a way or option that I can use so that when I sign on people can't tell that I am signed on?

Thanks,

Paul
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 30, 2005, 10:29 AM
    You have to turn blocking on. You can have it on by default. I don't have AIM on this PC, so I would look up Blocking in AIM help for specifics. I'll check this evening if you haven't found it.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2005, 04:03 AM
    I don't have AOL so this is probably no use but a lot of IM's have an "Appear as invisible" status/mode (e.g. MSN, ICQ). Does AOL have something like that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

An instant ftp virus [ 6 Answers ]

Well... whenever I get online, my McAfee catches an ftp virus within 3 - 4 seconds and sometimes it keeps on catching it for a many time. Although this ain't causing any problem but it's quite annoying. Can someone tell me wats going on with my computer. GB

Yahoo Instant Messenger [ 2 Answers ]

After installing found no uninstall feature to remove this from my computer, not found in add/remove programs using control panel either. Is there a program I can download free to remove this or can someone please tell me how to take it off without damaging my registry in any way and to have a...

Instant replies to email. [ 10 Answers ]

Hey hope you can help. I know how to generate instant replies on the new modern versions of Outlook - but I cannot remember for the life of me how you do it on Outlook express. Do I have to create a message rule for this to happen??

MSN Messenger OR Yahoo Messenger [ 3 Answers ]

Which do you prefer?

View more questions Search