Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snowflake22 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Aug 24, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Cleaning Questions
    I have an electric stove with the coil type burner that has a metal type of pan under it. I was wondering what is a good way to clean the metal pan that the coil burner sits on. I also noticed that it's not easy to put the coil burner back onto the stove after you remove it from the stove to clean under the burner. I wonder why that is

What is a good way to clean the inside of a toilet? I know it's not a fun job to clean a toilet let alone the inside of the toilet, but any ideas to clean the inside of the toilet would be nice.

What is a good way to clean a shower wall and shower floor? The shower walls have tile on them and trying to clean between the tile is not that easy. I have used a steam cleaner, but it doesn't do as good of a job as I thought a steam cleaner would do on a tile wall in a shower.

Has anyone ever used sponges from a dollar store and if so what are you thoughts on them? My experience with dollar store sponges is they are not that good of a value. I did get more than 10 sponges in the bag they came in, but they were all different sizes and whatever the sponges are made of one side seemed to be smooth and one side was rough feeling. Why is that? I can also tell you that dollar store sponges don't last as long as buying sponges such as Scotch Brite.

Has anyone ever used Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and if you have what are you thoughts on that?

Has anyone ever used the product that you hang in a shower and it can spray soap in the shower to clean it. If so what are your thoughts on that. I am thinking a product like this would cost quit a bit since you need to keep buying the refill soap for the product.

Has anyone ever used a wet jet mop that uses batteries? If so what are you thoughts on that product. I have one and I think it works OK, but it could get expensive buying the refill pads and soap solution for it.
    JAMIET Posts: 73, Reputation: 12

Sep 15, 2007, 04:19 PM
    Mr Clean Magic erasers are awesome! Believe it or not, clean your drip pans for your stove with those. No scrubbing or "elbow grease" required. I could do a commercial for those! Don't bother with the Scrubbing Bubbles shower cleaner... only cleans at a certain height. Not worth $20. Wet jet mops are a waste. Also, leave the dollar store stuff alone all together. You'll have to buy 10 sponges to do the work of 1 Scotch Brite. Cleaning tile in a shower... stick w/ Lysol brand.

I'm a clean freak!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2007, 04:10 PM
    For the tub and shower, I've found that straight Pine-Sol or pine cleaner works well. The grout in the shower needs to be sealed after a thorough cleaning once in a while.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 16, 2007, 04:23 PM
    For the toilet, I get down on my hands and knees and scrub inside and out with liquid Lysol. The germs get killed and my knees get sore and the toilet gets clean.

I believe any cleaning is best done with "elbow grease" - on hands and knees if necessary, scrubbing by hand, into the corners, with lots of energy. I swear by white vinegar and water to clean glass and mirrors and a baking soda solution to clean inside the refrigerator. I scrupulously avoid "work-saving" devices. My mother taught me how to clean this way, and I am teaching my sons the same methods.
    snowflake22 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Sep 17, 2007, 06:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMIET
    Mr Clean Magic erasers are awesome! Believe it or not, clean your drip pans for your stove with those. No scrubbing or "elbow grease" required. I could do a commercial for those! Don't bother with the Scrubbing Bubbles shower cleaner....only cleans at a certain height. Not worth $20. Wet jet mops are a waste. Also, leave the dollar store stuff alone all together. You'll have to buy 10 sponges to do the work of 1 Scotch Brite. Cleaning tile in a shower... stick w/ Lysol brand.

I'm a clean freak!
    Why would using Mr Clean Magic eraser be better to clean the drip pans for the stove than using a sponge? How can there be no scrubbing if Mr Clean Magic eraser was used to clean the drip pans on a stove?

Are you saying you have used the Scrubbing Bubbles shower cleaner before and that is how you know not to use it?

Why do you feel wet jet mops are a waste? Is it because it costs a lot to replace the soap solution and pads.
    JAMIET Posts: 73, Reputation: 12

Sep 22, 2007, 09:19 AM
    You'd be surprised how well Magic erasers work! Awesome product.

I have tried the shower cleaner.. not impressed. Wasted $20

Wet Jet mops just smear dirt around. You don't rinse the head and if you chose to, it's heavier than a mop and awkward.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are You Pregnant Or Think You Are? Have Questions? Post New Questions Here.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you think you might be pregnant, or are pregnant, post your questions here, as the other thread is getting so large that it's hard to keep them organized. Also, if you are a teen and have questions and/or fears, let us know and we'll help as best as we can, or find...

Cleaning up [ 3 Answers ]

My 9 year old son won't let me help him to wash him when he bathes, he was dirt stuck on his skin around his forehead, behind ears, neck and some in his arms, what can I use to make all that dirt ease and go when he washes up? It's dark brown dirt!

Cleaning logo [ 2 Answers ]

I registered a new business name called partners in grime what would be a good logo

Cleaning... [ 5 Answers ]

I've been with my husband four years now but just recently married. I was wondering if anyone struggles with cleaning the house? My husband and I have two totally different definitions of what "clean" is. When my husband cleans I can barely even tell he did anything. He tells me I'm overly...

View more questions Search