Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BellaSenia Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Aug 24, 2007, 10:53 AM
    Hair damage in need of repair
    I have been dyeing my hair since I was 16 years old, I'm now 20. I first started with blond highlights and a dark brown base, then I changed it to a dark red, then dark brown, and currently it is a reddish brownish color that I don't like, but I don't want to dye it again. My hair is so damaged that it will not grow at all. I was wondering if I should strip the color from my hair? Would that help my hair get healthy again? Or what can I use to get my hair to be healthy again?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2007, 10:55 AM
    Stripping your hair will make your hair extremely brittle it will not make your situation any better.

I would recommend going to your local salon and seeing if they offer a deep conditioning treatment. You need o get your hair healthy again before you start dyeing it more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How bad do products like ColorZap damage hair. [ 18 Answers ]

I had a really nice light brown color in my hair but it started to take on this orangy tone, so a thought I'd refresh it. I chose a brand I had never used before. It was supposed to be a "light natural brown" but it turned my hair a sort of jet black. IT'S AWFUL and I HATE it. My hair is naturally...

How badly will having black hair dye stripped out damage my hair? [ 24 Answers ]

I recently dyed my naturally dark brown hair a bright black colour, and I am not very pleased with it at all. I know that stripping the colour on my own would seriously damage my hair (something I would like to avoid, as I have just finished growing out/cutting off some very damaged hair), but if I...

Hair folical body hair vs hair on head [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have had testing done for a while I tested positive from hair from my head although I did not use. I then tested from my body hair and came back negative. The head hair was 90 to 100 days back and the body test was back almost twelve months. I wish to find out which is the more definitive...

Does Shampoo 24-7 damage your hair? [ 4 Answers ]

Does Shampooing your hair everyday morning day and night damage your hair? Someone told me the chemicals dry it out.. hmm I'm wondering

Can wearing a barette damage my hair? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have thick, wavy, sometimes oily hair and I'm having a hard time taking care of it. A lot of times when I let it dry naturally it frizzes out and looks awful even if I put product in it, but when I try to blow-dry it, I feel like I'm damaging it even more with heat styling. I've noticed a lot...

View more questions Search