Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TONIWALDO11 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2007, 07:57 AM
    Mutiple diseases and conditions
    I have been diagnosed with multiple brain lesions (more than 7), more atrophic changes than a person my age should have, one mild stroke, particial complex seizure (temporal lobe). Small vessel disease, arthritis, fibromyalgia, very high cholesterol, and heart mummer, optic neuritis, acid reflux diease, Lets see... did I get them all? I guess! I also have these tiny red blood spots located on different parts of my body. I have been told that theses are from old age! ( I am forthy nine years old!) most of this started when I was around forty five. I have been tested for ms, lupus, lyme disease, hepitis, syphilis, blood cloting disorders, cadisil, and god knows what else! I have a history of nose bleeds as a child, eccessive bleeding and cramps during periods until I had particial hysterectomy at age 40, unexplained hemorrhaging from my kidney at age 20, fatigue, aches and pains in my joints all my life. My question is... can all this be connected to one disease? If yes... please can someone give me some idea of what disease I need to start looking at? Thank you for your help.
    p.s... I have also had three neck surgeries for herniated disk. My body rejected the donor bone that was used.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 25, 2007, 08:34 AM
    WOW, I can well understand your confusion and am sorry that you have to go through all this in your young age.

I don't think your maladies can be associated with one illness or disease, and cannot begin to pinpoint the main problem.

What I would do is go back as far as I could to find out if the place I was born and lived in was in any way contaminated, which could be one cause of this 'bodily breakdown'

I would also get documentation from all of the diagnoses and take them to a good diagnostician and hope for the best. Just like you, I would definitely want to know where all these problems stem from.

I'm sure that you did not just walk out of the doctor's offices without asking some questions.. what have you been told up to now?

I certainly hope you get the answers you need and wish you all the best.

TONIWALDO11 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2007, 08:02 AM
    Thanks for responding chery... I have thought about that too. I go to nerologist on Tuesday. I plan to ask him about lead. With all the talk about lead these days.. I started thinking maybe that could be it! I worked with lead solder for years! Do you think this could be a possibility?
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 27, 2007, 04:56 AM
    Lead poisoning might have something to do with it. It surely is worth some research on the matter. Your neurologist might have an idea of how to search for answers in that area.
    I would also try and find someone who is willing to take this further and do research on all for correlation.

Again, good luck, and give us an update when possible.

Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 27, 2007, 05:08 AM
    Lead poisoning definition - Medical Dictionary definitions of popular medical terms

Check this site for now. There are a lot more.

Take each one of your diagnoses and look them up for cause and affect, and see if you can find a relation to them in your life.

I know this cannot 'make them go away' but they can help you understand and learn on your own without paying a lot to get the same answers.

Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medical Conditions & Diseases [ 8 Answers ]

I was born with a Spina Bifida; with a hole I my back. Not knowing what it was in 1932, the doctor just sewed my back up. I was blessed through the years with basically doing what I wanted to do with very little problems; just don't touch my back. I had scare on my mid-back and it was very...

Family Diseases [ 17 Answers ]

I saw a post earlier about Crohn's Disease, and it made me think of a question. My mother has Crohn's Disease. A pretty bad case actually. How likely is it that me or one of my children will get it? My little brother also has Diabetes. How likely is it that me or one of my children will...

Definitions of diseases [ 6 Answers ]

What is sepsis and asphyxia

Timber diseases [ 3 Answers ]

Please help me with different types of timber defects, pest & diseases.

View more questions Search