Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kingkill Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2007, 05:23 AM
    Art or numbers?
    So...
    I am 23 years old and working in a big Greek company as a Compensation and Benefits analyst for about a year now. I truly hate my job. But it pays 1648 E a month. It may not look much but I have learned living my life with 300-400 a month. I have a bachelor in Buss. Administration. I want to quit my job so bad I am about to cry!!
    My father died when I was 14 and from then and on we had little money.
    My girlfriend is a singer and a pianist and makes about 200 per concert (she works in an orchestra). She had about 20 concerts in summer. I have a degree in classic guitar and Harmony. If I quit my job (10 hours a day minimum) I won't have any money to support myself nor the opportunity for a similar desk job. I would like to be a musician and a class. Guitar teacher but that pays like 600 a month in the greek conservatories and I don't have the diploma in the guitar (something like masters degree). I also don't have any financial security from my family (dad's dead an mom's unemployed). Give me a word of advice, I feel so alone...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 24, 2007, 05:30 AM
    A job you hate is a life sentence to a prison basically, But why not find another more part time job, and then also do music. Most starting musicians here work in cafes, bars and the such when they are not playing full time.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2007, 05:32 AM
    Yes, life is too short to do things you don't enjoy. My dad says he's never worked a day in his life, he just gets paid for doing his hobby. :)
    kingkill Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2007, 06:32 AM
    Well I have already applied for a part time job (and interviewed by the company) as a sales clerk in a computer store. I prefer communicating with people rather than sitting all day in front a PC tyring numbers. My new(?) job is 5 hours a day 5 days a week and pays about 489 E plus social security plus commission on good sales. In the evenings I'll teach classic guitar to a conservatory near my house (I have already talked with the artistic director) but for very little money. The good thing is that I get free lessons to proceed on guitar and Musicology . Plus I'll work some on composing and maybe prepare some pieces to accompany my girlfriend. The fear of money absence though has stuck me. How will I pay the rent and bill and all? My girlfriend gives the half of her share because her parents aid her...
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2007, 01:33 PM
    I am glad that you are following what is in your heart. It will not be easy. But, if you make yourself indispensable for people at whatever you do, they will recognize that, word will spread and the money will follow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are our favourite numbers? [ 13 Answers ]

What are the favourite numbers between 1 and 100 of people in the western world? And what are our least favourite numbers? Is there any evidence or suggestion that favourite and least favourite numbers vary by region or culture?

Iodine Numbers [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know how to calculate iodine numbers? :eek: If so please explain it to me like I was a two year old, then maybe I might get it! The data I have is: The weight of the fat sample in grams Amount of thiosulphate required in ml Blank-fat source titration value in ml Doe...

Prime numbers [ 2 Answers ]

what are 2 prime numbers when multiplied = 400

What are the next 3 numbers in the sequence? [ 1 Answers ]

3,1,4,1,5,9,2,6,5,_,_,_

View more questions Search