Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simplysrujan Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2007, 01:36 AM
    Laptop takes lot of time to power up from standby or hibernate
    Hi,
    My laptop is taking a lot of time(about 5 minutes) to power up from hibernate state or standby state. This is very annoying. It boots up much faster when it is turned off.

This started happening recently. I would appreciate if you can give me a solution for this problem.
    Thanks
    SA
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Aug 24, 2007, 07:11 AM
    If your hard drive is either very full, fragmented, or slow, it could take a while to read all the information back from it when you return from hibernation, or spin up and start reading after standby. How much RAM do you have, how big and fast is your hard drive (with how much free space), and what operating system do you have?
    kt1205 Posts: 125, Reputation: 4
    -

Aug 26, 2007, 02:45 PM
    Mine does the same thing. Try defragmenting it and scanning for viruses that can sometimes make it faster
    simplysrujan Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2007, 08:40 AM
    My hard drive has about 4 GB free and I am using XP pro.
    I'll try defragmenting.
    Thanks for your answers.
    Please continue posting if you have any other solutions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas Fireplace takes a long time to Light [ 1 Answers ]

I had my gas firelplace pilto light off for about 2 years and now I go to use it. The pilot light lights no problem but when I click the switch to turn the fireplace on it takes about 5 minutes or longer before the fireplace ignites. Please help. Do I need to have a tech service I have tried to...

Dryer Takes Long Time to Dry [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I have a Frigidaire washer/dryer. The dryer can take upwards to 2+ hours to dry in automatic mode. There is heat coming from the dryer. I tried turning on the dryer and checking the vent in the dryer (where the lint trap is located). I noticed that while there is suction I do feel a...

Laptop won't get out of hibernate mode [ 1 Answers ]

About a year ago, I got a DELL. I'm not quite sure what model it is... but when I close it, and open it up again it does not want to start up, and all I get is a black(ish) screen. I can tell it's on because the lites indicate it is on sleep mode. What is this caused by? --------------- Thanks, ...

Toilet takes long time to fill up after flushing [ 4 Answers ]

When I flush my toilet the water in the cistern is taking all day to fill up, any help out there

Standby & hibernate sticks in w2000 pro [ 4 Answers ]

Every time I try to save energy by using STANDBY or HIBERNATE the next morning I can't get my mouse curser ot move?  It like I'm forzen except fpr a few isolated times where I jiggled the mouse and everything came on and worked just fine? I usually have to Reboot most of the time? :-[  

View more questions Search