Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dee1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2003, 12:17 PM
    Windows password
    I'm running windows98. How do I find the password control panel.. I'll need to open this to get rid of the password prompt.. Its too annoying..
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 30, 2003, 02:02 PM
    windows password
    Getting rid of the password prompt on Win 98 is a two step process.

First, right click on Network Neighborhood and select Properties. In the Properties dialog change the default client to Windows (Family) Logon. Then save that. Do not reboot if asked.

Second, go to Start>Find and search for *.pwl. Delete all that are found.

Then you can reboot and the prompt should be gone.
    arcanehacker Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2003, 11:25 PM
    windows password
    Also once you delete the PWL files. A startup will prompt you for the password again. Leave it blank and hit enter. The next startup will not have the prompt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Password ? [ 17 Answers ]

:o ? :'( How do you get into your computer if you forgot and lost you password?

Password [ 2 Answers ]

:o Someone please help me to get my own official Yahoo accounts password; Very important data is being saved dere about my clients... Can anyone guide me how to recover that Yahoo password: [email protected]

Can't load windows, Can't get into safe mode and can't reinstall windows. [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I can't get windows98 SE to load. I can't get into safe mode or reinstall windows. A little history first. I had an issue with my creative sound card. EMM386 not loading along with something that had to do with the sound card. I went back and forth with creative tech support to resolve the...

Windows xp password [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Have windows xp profetional and I set it to ask for log on password but I can not remember it now.how can I fix the problem. Not account password but log on windows password

How I can recover the windows 2000/xp password? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sir, please help me to retir\eve my windows 2000/xp password. I have forgotton these password. Thanks for help. I don't want to install new windows.

View more questions Search