Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarah1989 Posts: 154, Reputation: 0

Aug 23, 2007, 09:51 PM
    What to buy as an engaement present?
    Just recently my cousin got engaged and I have no idea what to get them as an engaement present?
    They have their own place and they have mostly all the stuff they need in it so does anyone have any ideas on what I could get?
    Thank you :)
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 10:16 PM
    When my friends got engaged a few years ago I got this book, I think it was called The Hard Questions. It was a book of questions for engaged people to ask each other to see how they will fare as a married couple. It asks questions about child rearing, finances, etc. My friends love it they said that it opened up all this stuff and allowed them to resolve stuff before anything ever happened.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 24, 2007, 06:33 AM
    Hmmmm... we never got an engagement present.

A nice bottle of wine might be nice. They may be getting pro engagement pics done, so 8" x 10" frame might do the trick as well.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2007, 07:29 AM
    I got one engagement present from my sister haha she knew we had registered for gifts for the actual wedding so she went and got something off my registry :)
    sarah1989 Posts: 154, Reputation: 0

Aug 26, 2007, 04:24 PM
    I went shopping on the weekend and I found two beautiful frosted wine glasses that had engaged written on them :)
    Thank you for all your help
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2007, 07:30 PM
    Think outside the box. Your engagement gift does not have to come in a box. It could be a weekend trip to your significant other's favorite city or perhaps a poem you write.
    Buy something you can share as an engagement gift. Get tickets to the opera or a series of movies you can enjoy together.
    Think of a creative way to surprise your fiancé(e) with the gift. Presentation is just as important as the gift. ;)
    Do not get anything too expensive or extravagant. It is going to be hard to upstage a marriage proposal, so this really is one gift where it is the thought that counts.
    Add as much personal flavor as you can. Use notes, jokes or anything else you can think of to make your gift unique. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search