Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jshrckstar Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Aug 23, 2007, 07:41 PM
    Trying to become an on air DJ at a radio station!
    So, I am trying to become a DJ on air, at a radio station. My dad was a DJ for 19 years at a local radio station, and he enjoyed it very much. I would ask him for advice, but my parents were divorced when I was 13 and I no longer speak to him. I would like to get into the business, and possibly get into voice over work. I am currently enrolled in broadcasting at a local college. Could anyone give me any helpful advice about this industry?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 23, 2007, 08:29 PM
    Why not call and talk to your dad ? Contacts and knowing people still help a lot. Next get an intern position if you can, even a job empting the trash cans, to work in and around the station.

Next after college be willing to work for low pay and move to any place that will hire you.
    jshrckstar Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Aug 23, 2007, 10:56 PM
    Yeah, For sure! I have an apprenticeship at the station my dad had worked at. Just have to finish up with college, and that's where I will be going. As far as talking with my dad? I don't have much to say to him! He started on top of the radio biz, and now he's an alcoholic, and is slowly fading from the broadcasting industry.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2007, 12:05 AM
    I am sorry to hear about the situation with your dad. I hope that there might be some way that you could help him and be supportive of him.

I do like the Padre's suggestions and am glad that you have an apprenticeship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lift station [ 1 Answers ]

I am insalling a lift sation on a one bedroom cabin. 3in intake with 2in discharge . Do I vent where it goes into the lift or the 2in dischrge out to the septic tank. Thank you Luis

Gas Station [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about starting a Gas Station with a business plan & all?

Play station 2 [ 1 Answers ]

My play station 2 is not loading my play station 2 games, Does anyone have any ideas about how to correct this problem? It still loads play station 1 games. John

Is a public radio station has liability on any lost suffered from their program? [ 1 Answers ]

I have such a question as below: Mr.A as a retired builder appears as a guest on a radio program, which he will answer any kind of home maintenance problem from listeners. If a listerner carried out Mr.A instructions faithfully but fail to carried out some other critical work which didn't...

View more questions Search