Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    valero Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2007, 12:38 PM
    Right chest pains
    Iam 36 years old I recently was put on medecation for high blood pressure .My ? Is I have been having sharp pain on the right side of my chest only the right side should I be worried about the pain in only occurs when I am up
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 23, 2007, 12:39 PM
    What is the name of the med so that I can look it up.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 04:38 PM
    I think you need a cardiogram/ ECG NOW! I think the symptoms of heart disease are there especially if you are on medication for high blood pressure/hypertension-get it looked at with a proper heart condition monitor!

There is a CT scan called a cardiac scoring system CT, this is where the scanner uses an algorithm (formula) to calculate the level of calcification (blockage) in your heart blood vessels-push for this. As well as take your medication (of course)

P.S. sorry for pushing scans all the time (J_9) but my cousin had one and the doctor said you are going Immediateley to hospital for a quadruple bypass! The doctor didn't even know hoew he managed to walk in tto the room! So the cardiac scoring system saved his life!

Cheers!
    Expert

Aug 23, 2007, 04:52 PM
    Hey, no prob, X, no worries. But I was concerned about the right sided pain, since there is no left sided.

You know I respect your opinion, and leave many questions for you.
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 06:04 PM
    The symptoms on the right side I agree are a little bit of a red herring, however if there is a thrombosis around the upper right brachial plexus? Then I'd imagine there would be pain there rather than the typical mid-chest pain radiating down the arm-type classic symptoms of heart issues.

Cheers !
    Expert

Aug 24, 2007, 03:54 AM
    Ah, so maybe a pulmonary embolism? Wouldn't that cause breathing problems also?
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Yes it would if it was in the bronchus/lung, but I was thinking it was in the vessels around the brachial plexus lateral to the upper lung, almost in the clavicular area(this is the only area I really don't know enough about).. maybe you are better off with knowledge around this area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Normal pains? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 17w5d pregnant, and I've been getting some pretty good cramps the last couple of days. I'm sure a good part of it is because my hubby and I did the deed yesterday, that caused me to cramp up a lot! I've also been getting these pains that almost feel like pressure and/or a pulled muscle in my...

Chest pains on Tamoxifen [ 4 Answers ]

I took Tamoxifen for breast cancer 11 years ago. At that time I was taking Synthroid every day. I started to get chest pains for no reason. The nurse where I worked looked up Tamoxifen and under side effects it said, "UNEXPLAINED CHEST PAIN"! My oncologist said, of course, it could not be the...

Ovulating pains [ 3 Answers ]

My last question related to the change in my period now that I'm trying to get pregnant. I'm not sure if this is normal but I have had my period on the 19th of march which was 2 days late. I have read stuff that says you ovulate 12 - 14 days after your period, which would be around the 30th. It is...

Odd pains [ 3 Answers ]

I am 18 and I have never had this kind of pain, I am getting cramps like about to start my period but if I did it would be two and a half weeks early, and I am getting sharp pains in my vagina. Im not pregnant, because I am a virgin. So I want to ask what these pains are.

My uncle & Bad chest pains. [ 4 Answers ]

My uncle was rushed into hospital this morning from work because he was having really bad chest pains. He is having tests done and I am having to wait by the phone for any news. I am really worried about him and finding it hard to concentrate. I asked my Mum what it could be and she said it...

View more questions Search