Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffgilby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2007, 12:13 PM
    Maytag Refrigerator compressor
    I'm looking to buy a Maytag MFF2557KES but I don't know much about it... When looking on the internet I hear complaints from people who had to replace the compressor several times... should I avoid this unit?

JeffG
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Maytag makes a good unit. Any brand will have problems. I would buy the brand I wanted to.
    jujube Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 05:30 PM
    I know you probably already did what you are going to do by now, but I will never buy another Maytag for as long as I live. I have a MSD 2556AE and it has had nothing but problems from the start that no one could fix. It turns the water through the door on by itself and floods my kitchen and has ruined my wood cabinets when they soaked it up while we were gone boating for the day. Is it realistic to expect people to turn off a refrigerator if they leave the house for a day or two? The control panel quit working properly altogether after two years and couldn't be fixed, the ice maker stripped itself and no longer pusjhed ice through the opening, and then the brain (motherboard) has failed twice, frying two compressors. Maytag used to be such a quality brand and now it is just junk. I would use an cooler and buy ice every day before I would ever buy a Maytag again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag plus refrigerator [ 5 Answers ]

I am having trouble with my Maytag plus model # MTB2156GE. It has not been able to keep the temps up in the freezer or frig sections. I spoke to a service tech and I assumed it was a compressor or leaking coolant problem. He said it is more likely that the defrost unit is going out and he said it...

Maytag Refrigerator [ 15 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have a new maytag refrigerator (2005) model PBB1951HEW which makes a very loud knock/pop even when the compressor isn't working. It's so loud that it wakes me up during the night. It's as if somebody is throwing stones at it:D... very strange and annoying.:confused: Any...

Kenmore refrigerator compressor wiring [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Kenmore refrigerator model 106.50599000. I just order a new harness and original capacitor for it. The problem I have is the technician my brother hired before cut the original wiring and put in some replacement capacitor that connect to the compressor. And now the evaporator fan is...

Maytag Refrigerator Lights Have Gone Out [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Plus Refrigerator, Model MTF2456AE and lights have gone out in freezer and refrigerator. I have replaced all the bulbs and still no luck. Can I fix myself? Is there a fuse that might have gone out? Do I need to call a repairman? :confused:

My Maytag Refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

I Have An 8 Month Old Side By Side, The Door To The Freezer Was Left Open All Day On Accident, Barely Cracked Open,when I Got Home It Was Wet Inside.it Was Making A Clicking Sound Every 15 Minutes And Not Cooling. I Threw All Food Away. Turned Refrig Off. Waited 24hours And Turned It Back On And...

View more questions Search