Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    3kidsnbills Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2007, 11:58 AM
    Water leaking from furnace
    Our AC has been running constantly for the past 3 weeks (it is very hot and humid here), a couple of days ago water started coming out of the bottom of the furnace (it is a Lennox Whisper Heat), enough to have to change the towels every few hours. What could be the problem?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 01:16 PM
    Clogged drain from condensate pan. Open unit up and clean the drain line to correct problem
    3kidsnbills Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2007, 07:36 PM
    OK Doug, we are not very handy. Can you please specify how to clean the drain line.
    Thank you so much!
    tucker929 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2008, 04:53 PM
    Cleaning the drain lines is easy. Out side the house, usually near the compressor unit, you will see a empty pipe coming out of the wall. Use a shop vac and drain the clogged water. While you drain the pipe, you here the noise inside the house near the furnace unit at the drainage.

I am draining the pipe almost every month. I live in south Florida where you need to use the AC unit most of the year. When I am using the AC unit, I am the only one draining the pipe while the rest of the 54 unit pipes are not leaking! I don't know, why only my furnace is leaking and what is the remedy. Service America technician came and did the same thing but, gave no remedy. Any suggestions please, how to fix this water leakage problem by which our carpet in the hallway is also gets moist frequently!
    Much appreciated ahead for your valuable suggestions..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water leaking from bottom of furnace [ 4 Answers ]

Just noticed today that water is coming out of bottom of furnace. Not much but wondered if anyone knows what it could be. Its an older furnace, just regular kind. Water heater is about 1 foot behind the furnace. I've had the a/c running a lot because of hot weather. Could it have anything to...

Leaking furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have a furnace that is leaking water after a repairman installed a new transformer. What could be the problem?

Ruud a/c furnace leaking water [ 3 Answers ]

We have a Ruud a/c (unit outside/furnace inside) that started leaking water last night and now there is a puddle under the unit. Need help and don't know where to look or what to do.

Water leaking from humidifier into furnace [ 1 Answers ]

This morning I woke up and found water on floor in basement which seems to be coming from humidifier. Is my furnace ruined?:confused:

Gas furnace leaking water [ 3 Answers ]

Discovered water pooling out on to floor and dripping from within furnace--seemingly coming from furnace vent... there is quite a bit of rust that has formed which leads me to think its been going on for a while within the furnace but was not noticed till now after heavy rains, and the pooling...

View more questions Search