Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    evans2034 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2007, 08:36 AM
    Garnishment of wages
    Under North Carolina law, what is the procedure for garnishment of wages? Also, who can legally garnish your wages in North Carolina?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 31, 2007, 07:33 AM
    Hello evans:

Anybody who wins a judgment against you can garnish your wages. The procedure? You walk into the HR department and give them the judgment.

excon
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2007, 07:55 AM
    The garnishments I have received for employees come in the mail.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 31, 2007, 09:02 AM
    To garnish a salary anywhere, you need to obtain a judgement first. Generally you then go back to the court for a garnishment order against the debtor's employer. This can be served on the employer in person, via a sheriff or by mail.
    Debtenforcement Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 01:23 AM
    Not to say the other answers are wrong. The only wage garrnishment that is allowed in North Carolina is from State / City tax departments, IRS, and child support. Other than that, wage garrnishing would more than likely be a no to credit card debt. Freezing bank accounts are an option to them if they could find them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garnishment of wages [ 4 Answers ]

My wages are being garnished. The company I work for adds in the money that they pay towards my health insurance on my paycheck then takes it right back out for the insurance. Can they take 25% of my wages including that money? It's not my takehome pay but it is for health insurance, so I'm not...

Garnishment of Wages [ 3 Answers ]

My wages are being garnished. The company I work for adds in the money that they pay towards my health insurance on my paycheck then takes it right back out for the insurance. Can they take 25% of my wages including that money? It's not my takehome pay but it is for health insurance, so I'm not...

Garnishment of wages [ 1 Answers ]

I want to garnish wages from an real estate agent in GA. CIF wages are earned by a agent (independant contractor) through a broker, can their wages be garnished?

Garnishment of wages [ 3 Answers ]

How is a garnishment handled when 2 parties were envolved for one payment, can one person only be garnished for the payment due, what to do if they try to put it on one person:confused:

Garnishment of wages [ 1 Answers ]

In the state of Pennsylvania who can garnish wages

View more questions Search