Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DustinBH Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2005, 08:45 PM
    Weird angles
    I am about to replace all the trim in the house and am noticing that the door frames seem to be uneven. By uneven I mean the gap from the corner to trim is larger on the bottom than at the top. We live in a 1 story house this only occurs at a few doors. Would this be poor construction or is the house leaning. If it is can we do anything about it? Thanks for any replies.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2005, 09:03 PM
    I would bet on a combination of sloppy workmanship and settling. I guess you could try checking the walls to see if they are plumb. The worst sign would be walls on opposite sides leaning the same direction. Look around for things like other trim or cabinets showing signs of shifting. If the more you look, the less you like what you find, it might be better to have a professional look at the house. Perhaps the home inspectors many buyers use.

While you have the trim off, you may even be able to straighten up the door frames. Also make sure the outside door and the windows are all well sealed to the outside and the gaps around them stuffed with insulation. Maybe even use the instant foam stuff. Could knock a hole in your utility bills, and keep the house from getting so dry in the winter. It should help keep noise out too.
    t_rod95 Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

Mar 1, 2007, 05:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DustinBH
    I am about to replace all the trim in the house and am noticing that the door frames seem to be uneven. By uneven I mean the gap from the corner to trim is larger on the bottom than at the top. We live in a 1 story house this only occurs at a few doors. Would this be poor contruction or is the house leaning. If it is can we do anything about it? Thanks for any replies.
    Don't hate me for saying this but it is probably weather .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weird goo [ 9 Answers ]

I have this strange, odorless sticky orange/brown goo slowly oozing from the main sewer pipe out of the house in the basement. It has taken months, possibly years to biuld up, but has become noticeable recently. It looks like candle wax has been dripped on the side of the pipe. I had a plumber...

Weird thermostat [ 4 Answers ]

My heating ac is a little strange in that the tranformer for the ac is outside in the compressor unit. Ever since I switched to a programmable thermostat I have had problem from time to time. There are 5 wires in two cables. Black which is RH and white which is W in one and , red which is RC, ...

Help me, my turtle is being weird [ 9 Answers ]

I just bought a turtle, and its breathing really hard, with its mouth open when its on the land part of the tank... Is it panting because its hot??

Weird boyfriend - please help... [ 19 Answers ]

Hi... I'm new at this and need advice... I've been going out with this guy for nearly a yr and a half... but we don't spend more than 2 days togther because we live too far from each other. I have just spent a total of 34hours with him... and he decided he needed space!! ***?? He says he still...

Weird guy [ 5 Answers ]

Hello! MY friend likes to wear women's underwear and lingerie. He is straight, but his behaviour is so weird. I don't understand this. Can anyone explain to me? Thanks a lot!

View more questions Search