Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaxcheetah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 08:21 PM
    Ice top of fridge water on bottom
    I have an old whirlpool fridge model EHT 181ZK ( freezer on top no ice maker or water) On the top of the fridge there is an ice build up and water on the bottom of the fridge. Some water is dripping down the back of the fridge and getting food on the back of the shelves wet. Is this a clogged drain tube? If so how can I fix this? I don't know where the drain tube is?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 01:33 PM
    I believe it is the drain tube. You will need to access the evaporator at the bak of the freezer section. Many times you can pour warm water down it to open if it is a ice blockage. If anything else blocking it you might try a piece of weedeater string and push in it to remove the blockage

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

KitchenAid Fridge - No water or ice [ 1 Answers ]

I have a side by side KitchenAid refrigerator with ice and water in the door. Recently, the water dispenser pressure started to decrease noticeably, but the fridge still made some ice. When I put in a new filter, there was a great gush of good pressure water dispensed for about 10 seconds, and...

Lose Hot Water in bottom Shower When Top Shower is being used ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys, this problem has been occurring for some time now, I finally found this website to finally ask the question and hopefully have an answer :).. Now I do not want to call the plumber in at this point, in case if it's a easy fix and would rather save the money, so please if you can help...

Water is pooling in the bottom of my fridge [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I think the tube to the drain pan must be clogged because in at back of the fridge at the top I can see where the water drips from the freezer into the tube and the little collector or basin for the water to run into the tube is completely full of water at times. Most of the time the...

Water puddle on top shelf of Fridge [ 1 Answers ]

I have a kenmore fridge that recently started gathering water on the top shelf of the refrigerator section (top is freezer with an ice maker/bottom is fridge). I'm not sure if it's the ice maker leeking or if it's the seal on the door is needing to be replaced. Thank you for your assistance

No water for water & ice at fridge [ 2 Answers ]

We have no water nor ice at our refrigerator. Its an amana side by side, approximately 10 years old. Have looked for a filter but no luck, unless its hidden real well. It just stopped all of a sudden. I have checked the owners manual and checked online for a filter but have not found anything as of...

View more questions Search