Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dshatt19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 07:11 PM
    A cat's moodiness
    Can a change in temperature affect a cat's temperament? This summer has been particularly hot and humid and my 1 year old cats don't seem to want to "cuddle" any more. They still like to be petted, but don't jump into my lap and lay with me like they used to. Has anyone seen this behavior and does it change back to normal?
    tigerfeather Posts: 26, Reputation: 6

Aug 23, 2007, 12:57 AM
    Well, in the same respect, wouldn't you not want to be all cuddly if it was really hot outside? Especially if you had to wear a fur coat all the time? =)

I'm sure your cats will be fine once it isn't so hot outside.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2007, 01:11 AM
    As one who has had cats for pets all of my life, the answer is "Yes" the temperature can affect a cat's moodiness. When it is hot, they will seek out an environment where it is more suitable to them.

By the way, I do agree with the answer above. It is good.
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Aug 28, 2007, 04:15 PM
    Yes,it will change a cat's behavior especially if the cat is old.My cat's lay around,and my black ones usually find a dark area to lay in,to avoid direct sunlight.As soon as a brisk morning comes around they have a much friskier personality.:) I can't hardly wait myself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat's feelings [ 6 Answers ]

My cat lashes his tail and purrs at the same time. Does that mean he's happy or mad?

Moodiness after work [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, this is my first question here, I've answered but never asked. I was just sitting here thinking about something and I thought maybe I could throw it at you guys. I'm a first year attorney. I'm on a fast track to become a full partner, my mentor wants me to take his place when he retires. ...

My fiancŽe and moodiness. [ 2 Answers ]

Howdy all! some of you may know me from the women's health forumns, My question: My fiancée will sometimes get in a really weird mood. She'll get upset at small things, or unable to make decisions about little things, then get embarrassed and wanting to get away from the situation. This makes...

My cat's bleeding [ 5 Answers ]

I woke up today vomiting mucusy liquid and loose stool then later I found blood on her rug , she had her kittens 51 days ago and still nursing , is there something wrong or is it her period?

Cat's behavior [ 3 Answers ]

We just recently moved to another state, taking our only cat with us. The house we moved into already had 2 other cats and a dog. My cat is adjusting surprisingly well with the other cats, going up to them and trying to get friendly, but the other cats just hiss and growl, and they even throw...

View more questions Search