Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cicleya Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Home based job
    I was propositioned by memoney exchange and I can't find much info on it. I was told I would get paid salary plus commission off every payment I process. Has anyone heard of this company and knows if its legit?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 22, 2007, 06:08 PM
    What payments are you supposed to be processing? And how are you supposed to process them? Sounds like a common scam.

Aug 22, 2007, 06:15 PM
    Reply: the payment came from New York but I'm supposed to send it to a contact in russia by Western Union. All I do is take the check the a bank ( the one the check holder uses) OR a check cashing place. If I take the check to the bank it holds and see if its legit first is that the safer way?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Hello cicleya:

This is a SCAM, SCAM, SCAM SCAM. If you didn't hear me, I said SCAMMMMMM.

excon

Aug 22, 2007, 06:53 PM
    This is a scam, you will find the check bounces and you are left holding the bag.

Aug 22, 2007, 07:15 PM
    Thanks for the input. Could you think why they would ask for a copy of your id/driver license. Could they use this?

Aug 22, 2007, 07:26 PM
    Sure, haven't you ever heard of identity theft?
    TCraigW Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 10:53 AM
    DO NOT DO THIS!!
    I work for a major bank as a "0" hour employee and this is a SCAM!!
    We see this scam all the time.
    You will probably cash this check against your account. The check will bounce and you will be out of the money.
    I REPEAT... DO NOT DO THIS!!
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2007, 10:57 AM
    Yeah, read around on the boards, a lot of people get trapped in this scam cause it sounds like easy money. You will receive this check from New York and they will push you to pay 90% to someone in another country the same day, a few weeks later the check from New York will bounce and your account will be in the negative.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home Based business [ 5 Answers ]

Hello Ihave been asked to work for for TSM group from home.Iwanted to ask is this a genuine company as they will be asking for our bank details and other information.

Home based business [ 10 Answers ]

I am looking for the best idea with minimum capital??

Home Based [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a business/job that you can do from your home with out costing an arm and leg to just to start? I don't want to make $1ooo's per week I know that is not real but I know you can make money from home and that there are a lot of companies that use home based people. I would like...

Home based jobs? [ 2 Answers ]

What ways do these companies cheat?Do they pay on time?Is it legal for someone in a dependent visa to do these jobs?

At home data entry jobs or home based business [ 0 Answers ]

Come April 8,2007 I will be laid off from my job and wanted to know if any of these free data entry jobs are legitimate or home bases business are worth doing. If so, where can I find them? Any information will be helpful. Thanks.

View more questions Search