Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gayboy Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Aug 22, 2007, 04:12 PM
    Gay PDA (public displays of affection)
    I am gay and do not really like pda(public displays of affection), whether it be with straight or gay people. I will hug my boyfriend in public and even kiss him, but we would never go to the point of making out. That would just be gross. Do any of you have a problem with pda or is it just me?
    kitty-kat19 Posts: 52, Reputation: 3

Aug 23, 2007, 12:37 PM
    I think it depends on the amount of PDA... I mean... I like to walk around holding my boyfriends hand and hugging him... a kiss every now and then when there's not a lot of people around.. but as far as making out and grouping... I think your right... not only because its just gross... but if a little kid's watching that's not something I want to teach them...
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 12:40 PM
    I think holding hands, a brief hug is fine other then that I think it is just gross. I've seen people full on making out and hands all over one another. I mean come on you can't control yourselves for the time you are in public? Ugh its so annoying.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Aug 23, 2007, 01:47 PM
    Nope. I don't like them either. When I was in high school, my ex girlfriend was in theater. After a play one night, we made out in the parking lot for a few minutes. We were the only ones left in that parking lot. It probably wouldn't have happened if anyone else was around.

Aug 27, 2007, 05:20 PM
    Yeah... I will occasionally kiss my b/f in public but mostly it is just holding hands

Aug 27, 2007, 08:27 PM
    That's cool. I don't mind stuff like that at all.

FYI-I was speaking generally, not just about Gay PDA's. There's no real difference in my opinion... if I don't want to see two guys making out, I don't want to se a guy and a girl making out either.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 27, 2007, 08:54 PM
    I don't believe in it and if they wish to have that right, I would also have and use my right to tell them to "get a room"
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2007, 09:24 PM
    Depends on the setting.

If I'm at a smokey blues bar, dancing with my partner to some steamy song, I'm not going to be embarrassed putting on a "pda" show.

I'm in my 30's. Straight guy. But the local gay bar is one of the better places to go if you want to dance on any given night, and I like to dance and drink and just have fun. Now... I've never found a man macking on a man interesting. But I'm in the gay bar, and if someone wants to do that, more power to them. Ill just be the straight guy dancing on the floor ignoring the mashing.

Are you wrong for feeling strange about pda? Nah.

Don't fret or fuss over it. There are a lot of things to worry about in life. Sex is something we complicate in a million ways. If its not comfortable, fine. Just understand not every partner may feel the same, and usually the best relationships require some compromise on both sides.

Sep 3, 2007, 08:30 AM
    I totally agree that if you are in a gay bar it is completely acceptable. My boyfriend and I have done all kinds of thing in the gay bar before and everyone accepts it there. Just like straight people accept straight pda in a straight bar.
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Sep 3, 2007, 09:41 AM
    Hello.

OK I'm going to be the bad guy in this one... Im going to say what most of the others are thinking. Gays making out in public is not the same as straights, both are wrong but if your child sees a Man and Lady grouping each other its one thing but if they see two Men doing it then it's another world in their minds.

Dennis777

Sep 3, 2007, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis777
    Hello.

OK im going to be the bad guy in this one... Im going to say what most of the others are thinking. Gays making out in public is not the same as straights, both are wrong but if your child sees a Man and Lady grouping each other its one thing but if they see two Men doing it then it's another world in their minds.

Dennis777
    I don't really see how that's "another world." Unless, that is, their parents teach them that it's wrong to be in love with someone of the same sex. I'm not really sure that that's what most of the others are thinking... I know I'm not.
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2007, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by retsoksirhc
    I don't really see how that's "another world." Unless, that is, their parents teach them that it's wrong to be in love with someone of the same sex. I'm not really sure that that's what most of the others are thinking...I know I'm not.

I agree with that. I'm certainly not thinking that its wrong for two men or women to make out. I think its disgusting when anyone is groping each other in public regardless of who it is.

Sep 5, 2007, 03:22 PM
    I think groping in public is gross regardless of your orientation. But I also agree that people and their kids only think it is wron for guys to make out because they have been taught to believe that.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2007, 09:33 PM
    It can be gross when other people are doing it to an extreme.

Of course when I'm mashing on someone, it's a beautiful, awe inspiring act. Cherubs will float about the ceiling. Elves will bake cookies in trees. All is perfect.

Its all these other morons...

;)
    akms Posts: 131, Reputation: -3

Sep 7, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Comment on GlindaofOz's post
    Yah and you feel awkward around them
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 05:43 PM
    akms : yah and you feel awkward around them

EXCUSE ME? How DARE you presume to know how I feel around anyone. I think ANYONE making out and being all over each is disgusting GAY OR STRAIGHT. If you had bothered to read anything I have posted then you would know that is NOT how I feel. How dare you SMEAR my reputation on this board.
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2007, 05:46 PM
    Also I want an apology from you AKMS... how dare you imply that I am phobic of ANYONE.
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Sep 8, 2007, 06:29 PM
    I think people should use their judgment. I mean, a kiss and a huge are fine, but when you have people groping each other and trying to suck each other's souls through their mouths, then it's awkward and... yeah...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My gay friends tell me my new love interest is gay [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone. Im new to this service. I am a 32 year old female, who has been dating a 26 year old guy for about 2 months. I met him about a year ago, and up until 2 months ago, really only hung out with him with our other friends. We both knew there was something there, had not had the...

Cat affection [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1 year old spayed female cat. In the past month, it seems like she only wants to be around my boyfriend? She will lay with him in bed, on the couch, or even on the floor. She has no interest in me anymore and will not even lay on the bed with me! Can anyone please tell me why? Am I...

IE displays page not found [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to all this and I need some help. My modem has got both lights on so I'm assuming I'm connected to the internet. However when I try to open IE it comes up with page cannot be displayed. I'm using XP. I've checked all my settings in Internet Options. I've tried repairing IE and...

Dim Laptop Displays [ 7 Answers ]

This is a fairly common problem. Wondering if it is fixable (w/ out having to spend $300+ on parts and another $100 on labor). In my case we're dealing with a Toshiba Portege 2000. It boots and operates fine, but the display is extremely dim. Could it be loose connections? Or is the display...

View more questions Search