Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    passrat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Saving autographs on cloth
    I recently attended the CN Canadian Women's Open (golf) Edmonton. I have a number of autographs on ball caps and on a pin flag. What would be the best way to maintain their signed condition? Is there any spray or treatment to maintain these items. They will not be worn further. Thanks.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2007, 12:18 AM
    I would think that any clear spray that is used for crafts would do the trick other than making sure that they are stored in an environment that is neither too hot or too cold. I would also think that storing such items in an environment where the relative humidity is 35% to 65% should be good for them to last.
    MrsMac2003 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Sep 13, 2007, 11:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    I would think that any clear spray that is used for crafts would do the trick other than making sure that they are stored in an environment that is neither too hot or too cold. I would also think that storing such items in an environment where the relative humidity is 35% to 65% should be good for them to last.
    I know this is supposed to be an answer but I am also curious about this subject for my own autographed t-shirts and ball caps. Would using any kind of a preservative spray like you suggested affect the value of the autograph? That is my concern... :confused:
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2007, 02:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMac2003
    I know this is supposed to be an answer but I am also curious about this subject for my own autographed t-shirts and ball caps. Would using any kind of a preservative spray like you suggested affect the value of the autograph? That is my concern...:confused:
    If you are talking about the monetary value of an origianl autograph, I would think that to alter the signature in anyway of a famous person might make it less valuable. The signatures should be preserved as much in there original state as possible. I know that this is somewhat in difference to the answer that I have already given. But, I thought that passrat was talking about signatures as just keepsakes and not as collectible items that might someday be cherished for the possible monetary value that they might have.
    MrsMac2003 Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Sep 14, 2007, 10:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    If you are talking about the monetary value of an origianl autograph, I would think that to alter the signature in anyway of a famous person might make it less valuable. The signatures should be preserved as much in there original state as possible. I know that this is somewhat in difference to the answer that I have already given. But, I thought that passrat was talking about signatures as just keepsakes and not as collectible items that might someday be cherished for the possible monetary value that they might have.
    It could be that is exactly what she intended and different from what my intentions are but I am glad I asked! LOL Thank you!
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2007, 12:44 AM
    Thank you!

Hopefully, the information that I provided was true and correct.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rash from a dirty wash cloth [ 1 Answers ]

CaN I get a genital rash from using a dirty wash cloth?

Saving money [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a single mom who receives child's support. I have people in my life who have ability to assess my finances via my ss# here in Texas. Is there any place I could save this money,let it grow for future college and other things for kids . Without people being able to check for any...

Saving e-mails [ 2 Answers ]

Good evening all. I wonder if any of you good people can help me again. In my Hotmail account I have created a folder, and I save an e-mail in it each day. Is there any way I can "Burn" them to a disc? Would I have to save each one individually? Thanks in advance. Davidofgrimsby.

View more questions Search