Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moonmadman Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 12:44 PM
    Kenmore dishwasher, dishes come out dirty
    So, here's the scoop. It is a one year old Kenmore, model FT1103259, that has been working fine until about a month ago. Glasses (especially) come out foggy and unclean.
    I use JET DRY and have changed brands of detergents, all without result.
    It appears that there is a filter or whatnot that should be cleaned, or that the dirty water is
    Just not draining as it should (pump?) and then becomes part of the rinse cycle.
    HELP!
    :(
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 01:02 PM
    Are you using power detergent? The liquid just doesn't work as well. Check the drain hose where it connects to drain or disposal. Remove it and look for blockage. Also the drain hose should leave dishwasher and loop up to under the counter top then down to drain to avoid water coming back into the dishwasher.
    moonmadman Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2007, 12:35 PM
    Esquire suggested that I check hose and blockages to correct my dishwasher/dirty dishes problem. Everything was in good order/new condition. I did use the hi-temp wash feature on the next load and it did seem to help somewhat.
    The head scratching here is that this appliance has worked flawlessly for the last year and now is leaving me with dirty dishes. I can't help but think that this is a hardware problem.
    If I called an appliance repairman, what would he do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dishwasher makes dishes smell bad [ 4 Answers ]

I have a kenmore automatic dishwasher and lately, when I remove the dishes, there is a sour kind of smell on them and in the washer itself. Is there any way to clean this? I know in a coffee pot you run a cycle with vinegar and hot water but that won't work with a dishwasher.

Kenmore Dishwasher [ 2 Answers ]

Stock Number 16849 Serial Number FE4711416 Model Number 1684993 Suddenly started leaking between the bottom of the dishwasher door and the top of the bottom faceplate. We moved into this house 7 months ago. No owners manual. This is not while the dishwasher is draining. It is just a few...

Kenmore dishwasher isn't cleaning the dishes [ 1 Answers ]

My kenmore dishwasher has stopped drying the dishes, there is soap on some of the lower shelf items.. they do not appear clean, small particles remain on some of the dishes... what's the deal, any ideas with what may be happening? Our smartwash Kenmore appears relatively new?

View more questions Search