Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robjerhurley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Thermostat wiring color codes not labeled
    In an attempt to install a new thermostat for our heat pump, we failed to label the wires before removing old thermostat. How can we find out how to properly connect wires to the new thermostat. We have Concord outdoor unit (44407H097), Armstrong indoor unit (BCZ36A12A-1B). Our old thermostat is White-Rodgers (1F58-86), and our new thermostat is Honeywell 5-1-1 Day Programmable (RTH7400). Appreciate any help available.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2007, 10:55 AM
    Start by reading the sticky at the top of this forum. You will also need to read the manual that came with the new thermostat. Post back with any details that aren't clear.
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 04:58 PM
    You may need to go to your outside unit and see what wires go where, they should be connected to a printed circuit board with a letter at each terminal, make a note showing what color wire goes to what letter on the terminal board, this will be the same letter in the thermostat, now go to the air handler and make a note of which wire goes where same as outdoors (you should have a green "G" , a common "C" and a red "R" and a white "W2" the other wires will go outside and to the thermostat. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat Wiring Color Codes [ 1 Answers ]

Have a Lennox Thermostat installed now, Wires read (R)=Black, (Y)=Blue, (F)=Green, (M)=red, (Y)=Orange. I want to install a Hunter Auto Saver 550 Model # 44550. The thermostat panel connector are in this order, W,RH,RC,G,Y/Y1,O/B Need to know what color wire need to go on what terminal on the...

Pink pill labeled 'Watson 502' [ 2 Answers ]

What is this pill?

Nec codes neededfor underground wiring to 120v landscape lights [ 1 Answers ]

I am cocerned about my land scape lights issue , I am using underground UF romex .the lights are 120 volt how deep does the wire need to be buried?

Wiring not color coded [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. New to site think its great Recently purchased home, built in 1957. I am installing new fixtures in the home and noticed the wiring is not color coded. What I have is 2 black wires and a bare copper . What I'm trying to figure out what is the "white" and "black" . Any help will be...

View more questions Search