Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    needachange Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 09:11 AM
    Anyone have any input on my situation??
    Hey all I was just looking for different advice chats and found this website and I have a few issue I can use some advice on. I have been dating my girfriend now for almost 3 years. We fight like any other couple nothing to serious. Problem is that I pretty much build a life around her wondering what she's doing before I make plans making work schedule around her and so on. Now I no this isn't to good because its like I am being controlled by someone and I'm not its my own self that controls me. Its my way of thinking. Every time we have a fight and she says I'm tired of this and that I automatically get offensive and think she just wanted to break up with me. My main question is how to get out of the situation of her being my life so I don't rely on her for everything. I put too much pressure on her. And I no if we do actually break up it would be devastating on me. IM not needy I'm very indipedent but in this relationship it's the exact opposite I need advice

Thanks
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 22, 2007, 03:04 PM
    How old are you?
    Are you with her because you are so needy are do you really care about her? I would suggest you start dong things by yourself or with some of your friends without her so that you can realize that you can function without her. Couples need a break from each other sometimes.
    Sounds like maybe you need to talk with someone to help you discover why you are so needy and insecure.
    xCrookedWingsx Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Aug 22, 2007, 03:09 PM
    Just stop plannig everything around her.
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Aug 22, 2007, 03:47 PM
    Hello.

As a couple you need to think about each other as you plan special events, if not how can it work. You can't plan a trip and find out she has to work that day. BUT you also need to have your own life that gives you your own space just like she needs to have. Too much of a good thing can break down that good thing real quick.

You can agree that you plan one outing and she plans the next. Do it in advance so the days you have free that you don't have plans with each other do something for yourself. Maybe go out with the guys or do something just for you.

Just don't do something like get drunk and play around on her. That's not what your own time is for.

Dennis777
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 22, 2007, 06:47 PM
    Set aside some you time and let her have her own space as well.
    needachange Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 09:30 PM
    You thanks all . To asnwer some questions I'm 25 yrs old. And I kind of agree that I am needy and insecure but the question is how to I help myself I always turn to people for advice and help id rather do anyting with someone then alone I want to help myself in this what can I do?? Has anyone been through this and goton over it?? Any books?? Movies?? I don't know you tell me... I need to find myself.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 23, 2007, 07:10 AM
    I suspect your in this relationship from fear rather than attraction, and hope you see that changes have to be made, for one identify your likes, and dislikes, and find what makes you happy without her being involved. You really need to overcome that fear of being alone, and the best way is to plan some alone time, doing what you like to do.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 23, 2007, 07:39 AM
    I agree with talaniman, you need to think about things you enjoy doing and start doing them alone. Do you have male friends? Perhaps you can do things withj your male friends. But I think you need to start doing things apart from her. She has become a crutch rather than a companion. That is not fair to her and not good for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I need as many opinions as possible! [ 7 Answers ]

I had posted a message on this site before because me & my boyfriend had fooled around & I thought there was a great possibility that I was pregnant (you may want to go back and read the whole story). I waited for about 2 weeks after my missed period and pregnancy symptoms started, and then finally...

Need opinions! [ 5 Answers ]

Actually I don't know any of you , but stumbled across this site when I was reasearching having multiple cats. I am 21 years old and I live in a two bedroom apartement with my boyfriend . I grew up with animals , my father worked for the humane society and always felt the need to help as many as I...

Need some of your opinions! [ 2 Answers ]

So I have been seeing this girl... It started inocent enough and moved quickly to sexual. We were very cuddly and the sexual part was fantastic. She did tell me right from the start that she had just gotten out of a messy relationship with a guy that she moved across the country to be with. Now...

Any opinions ? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay I was kind of with this girl in the summber but we both went on vacation like she went on a week or seomthing. Day she came back I left for mine for 2 weeks than when I came back she left again.. so we started fighting and things changed. Didn't talk to her for awhile saw her around and saw...

Need opinions [ 2 Answers ]

My nephew has an outstanding warrant for drug use. He did not appear in court. His dad signed a 5000.00 surety bond and he did not appear. Since the first incident my sisters home has been raided once again. They did not find my nephew there. They did arrest his dad (my brotherinlaw) for stolen...

View more questions Search