Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Johobbit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 07:42 AM
    Adding a Name
    How much will it cost to add my name to my partners existing mortgage?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 22, 2007, 07:47 AM
    It shouldn't cost ANYTHING. Just ask the lender. But I think that's not quite what you want. Because Adding you to the mortgage only obligates you to pay the loan. You still won't have any ownership interest in the property.

What I think you want is to be added to the DEED. And for that you need to file a quit claim deed from the current ownership to the new ownership. However, the mortgage holder may not allow that. So you should start with them for permission to change the deed.

The costs will vary but should be minimal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding name to mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to add my name to another persons mortgage and become half responsible for the mortgage. How do I go about this and what all is required

Adding someone to a lease [ 6 Answers ]

I just want to know if it is legal for a landlord to allow an additional person to sign a lease months after the original lease has been signed? Also is there a maximum number of tenants that can be signed on a lease? I thought that only two people were allowed per bedroom, but that might have just...

Adding a sink... [ 1 Answers ]

I'm adding a sink to what will be a new bathroom. The owner poured a concrete slab already but with no discharge for the sink drain. However a 2" dicharge line is provided opposite the wall where the sink will be, which is good. But the line is being used as the open discharge for the clothes...

Adding my name to a mortgage [ 6 Answers ]

Hi My sister is struggling with her mortgage alone, and as asked me if I would like to go in on the mortgage to cut down her monthly payments. I think this is a investment for me, as it is so difficult to get on the property ladder these days. How do you go about it? Does she have to re...

View more questions Search