Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imxinxonxit Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Aug 22, 2007, 04:50 AM
    Hip surgury
    Hi,
    My husband going to have a total hip replacement this fall, does anyone know anything about it?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 22, 2007, 04:56 AM
    What would you like to know. I learned a bit about it in March in school.

The recovery process can be long for some, short for others. One thing that they may or may tell him is that he should never cross his legs again after the surgery.
    baberuth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by imxinxonxit
    hi,
    my husband going to have a total hip replacement this fall, does anyone know anything about it?
    It's 3 mo.s since you posted, but since I just joined, here goes:
    I've had both of mine done (2000 & 2005) and they're just great. No pain whatsoever. My doctor recommends treating them as if you wanted them to last forever so no running, jumping, basketball, etc. Golf is great. Hiking & cycling are no problem.

That I had a 2nd done 5 years after the first is a testament to its effectiveness.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain in Right Hip [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there I am new to this site and I am looking for help. I am currently experiencing pain in my right, and pins and needles. I am also experiencing sensations in my arms and legs. Thank you for any help provided. Kind regards Kim

Hip replacement [ 4 Answers ]

What are the symptoms someone might have for a Doctor to say someone needed hip replacement?

Hip problems [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have any ideas how to help hip problems, besides hip replacement?

Hip Issues [ 2 Answers ]

My 1 1/2 year old Golden Retriever has developed a limp at night after lying down in the past three weeks. She shows no signs of pain and limps only for a few steps. She will stretch and seem to be fine. She does stairs easy and has no problems or hesitance standing on her hind legs to greet...

View more questions Search