Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AMEY_AOL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2005, 10:42 PM
    Language
    Hello Language Experts,
    I Want To Learn A Foreign Lanhuage.I Have Two Options French And German.can U Tell Me Which 1 Of Those Can Give Me Better Career Opportunities?
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Aug 28, 2005, 06:44 AM
    It all depends upon what country or region you live in and what type of career you are considering entering.
    Meriem Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2006, 12:57 PM
    Pick French
    Because German people speak English but French only speak French.

In addition, French is spoken in the West Indies, many countries in Africa and France of course!

French is a beautiful language and I'm not saying it just because I'm French :-)

Meriem
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2006, 01:28 PM
    Where do you live
    Let me see if you live??
    If you live in the US, I don't see either going to be that much of a help, since internationally these are not two of the most frequent ones.

Chinese is a good choice, and in the US Spanish is almost required in many occupations. And Arabic is becoming more common than before with all the trade in the middle east.

One job I had once requird to be take entry Spanish just to keep my job. I would ask why are those the only two choices, not the best choices for international trade.

Portuguese is a real good one, since it will allow for the understand of several variations fairly easy.

If I only had those two choices I would take French. The German normally taught in class is what is normally referred to as "high" german and not the more normal conversational german of the people. Found this out in college when I took german.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best First Programming Language [ 17 Answers ]

I'm have a hard time deciding which programming language I should learn first. I have a friend who learned Java and said it's relatively simple, and it seems to have more compatibility than something like C or C++, but then I hear the C# will. My friend is using Java to make computer games, and if...

English as a second language [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! I'd appreciate it if you could rephrase the followng sentence for me to understand the meaning and translate it into my native language correctly:"Everything that you say or do I'm hung up on you"

First language literacy and second language litera [ 1 Answers ]

What are the differences between first language literacy and second language literacy?

View more questions Search