Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bn 123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2007, 10:39 PM
    Career objectives
    What does one write as the career objective in a resume assumming we are looking for a job in the aviation industry , what does one project in this objective
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2007, 11:08 PM
    What is the specific job in the aviation industry? Knowing that would help someone to answer your question more to your satisfaction.

The following are some sample objectives. You could find one that you like and tailor it to fit your specific needs.

From the following site: Resumes General - Career Quick Tips & Academic Resources - Career Center - Student Affairs

SAMPLE OBJECTIVES

The following are sample career objectives that you can use as guidelines in preparing your individual and unique statement:

Permanent position in the management information systems field. Areas of interest include applications programming and system analysis and design.

To work in the field of industrial design using a modern approach to create new products.

A position in the health field using experience in organizing groups, clarifying ideas and problems, making public addresses, and writing reports and newsletters.

Research responsibility in a public affairs area of a corporation.
    To obtain a position as an engineer in the field of structural engineering, stress analysis, or civil engineering.

A position as an assistant in product marketing, development or general research.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 21, 2007, 11:14 PM
    I help people write their resumes and stay up-to-date with what companies want to see on a resume.

The current thinking is to skip the objective. Save that information for the cover letter. For an objective, usually job hunters write something like, "I want to work for a fast-paced company where I will learn and grow."

That's not what a company wants to read. A company wants to see immediately how a job hunter is going to help them save money and also make money. The company does not care if the job hunter learns and grows. A company wants to know what you have done in other situations where you have made a difference. What are your skills and abilities? What are your accomplishments?

Also, the top third of the resume is called the "hot spot"--the spot an interviewer looks at first as he flips through the stack of resumes on his desk. The hot spot will contain your name and contact information, your accomplishments, and the skills you will bring to this employer. If your hot spot doesn't grab the eyes of the interviewer, he will flip over your resume and go on to the next one.

Now, tell me what kind of a job are you looking for and what is your experience so far in that or a similar field? Do you want to be a jet mechanic or a flight attendant or a ticket clerk or a baggage handler or the pilot?
    janaki26 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2007, 10:51 AM
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? (Career Objectives and aspirations)
    Janet White Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2007, 02:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bn 123
    what does one write as the career objective in a resume assumming we are looking for a job in the aviation industry , what does one project in this objective
    Exactly what do you want to do in aviation? Whatever that is, that's your objective.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Career help. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I'm junior at the University.and my subjects are Psychology,marketing,economics,accounting.I want to bean administrative manager.I need guidance like what major should I take? Like should I go in to Finance, Marketing or etc? Thanks.

Objectives on a resume [ 0 Answers ]

What should I put for a resume for an attraction that requires me to act so I can be a manager of it... Like I work at a theme park at an attraction right. I am required to act at work and make sure of things at my attraction. I want to be a manger at my attraction.:confused:

User objectives [ 1 Answers ]

Let's say I just took a huge loan from a bank, and I determined they were my most important user. When making my financial statements, I choose to maximize income (within the limits of GAAP). Why would this serve to be useful if I show these statements to the bank?

View more questions Search