Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rentcontrolled Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Ballengerb1,

What if an l.a. rent-control tenant doesn't have a lease and refuses to sign one?

I suppose taking rent from the tenant creates a periodic rental agreement-- may a lessor give a 30/60 day notice to move out because the lessor doesn't want to renew the month-to-month?

If this isn't an eviction, what's this action called, and are you sure it applies to rent-control for l.a.

Thanks for your answer.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 21, 2007, 06:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rentcontrolled
    ballengerb1,

what if an l.a. rent-control tenant doesn't have a lease and refuses to sign one?

i suppose taking rent from the tenant creates a periodic rental agreement-- may a lessor give a 30/60 day notice to move out bc the lessor doesn't want to renew the month-to-month?

if this isn't an eviction, what's this action called, and are you sure it applies to rent-control for l.a.?

thanks for your answer.
    First its not a good idea to piggy back your question on someone else's thread. This tends to confuse matters so I requested this be moved to its own thread.

Yes accepting rent absent a written lease creates a periodic rental agreement. Such an agreement can be terminated by either party with whatever notice is required by local law. If the agreement is terminagted and the tenant doesn't vacate then eviction proceedings can be instituted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remote controlled Ceiling fan [ 6 Answers ]

The ceiling fan / light was working fine. It is a remote controlled unit. Turned of the fan and now neither the fan nor the light work. Other outlets work in the room. Help Help. Thanks.

Outlet Controlled by a Switch [ 4 Answers ]

I replaced the electrical outlets in a room I recently had dry-walled. One of the outlets I replaced was partially (1 of the 2 receptacles) controlled by a wall switch. I hooked the new outlet up exactly as the old one was, but now the outlet is on all of the time. The wall switch no longer...

Controlled life [ 1 Answers ]

Hey this is jennifer and I am really depressed, I mean I have a cool family but my mom is so controlling... she is the best mom but she wants everything in her way sometimes I feel like she is trying to live her life through me. She wants my room to be decorated in her way, she wants me to wear the...

Temperature controlled light [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a light(red) that can come on when a room gets too hot?

View more questions Search