Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 26, 2006, 08:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by STONY
    THERE ARE MANY "gods", BUT THERE IS ONLY ONE LIVING GOD OF THE UNIVERSE, CREATOR OF ALL.
    Sorry, but that makes assumptions that not everyone believes in.
    Irulan Posts: 92, Reputation: 17

Jan 26, 2006, 08:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Sorry, but that makes assumptions that not everyone believes in.
    Agree with you Scott.

How about this hypothesis -

Like a colossal diamond - there is one Creator with many facets - each of us sees Him / Her through a different aspect.
    Hope12 Posts: 159, Reputation: 25

Jan 26, 2006, 09:04 AM
    Stony:
    I agree with you 100% "THERE ARE MANY "gods", BUT THERE IS ONLY ONE LIVING GOD OF THE UNIVERSE, CREATOR OF ALL."

Take care,
    Hope12

Jan 26, 2006, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale White Skin
    ereht si on dog
    Tey reh/ mih dnuof ton aveh ouy, dog a si ereht.

Jan 26, 2006, 09:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope12
    Stony:
    I agree with you 100% "THERE ARE MANY "gods", BUT THERE IS ONLY ONE LIVING GOD OF THE UNIVERSE, CREATOR OF ALL."

Take care,
    Hope12

Mark 9 describes an interesting encounter. John tells Jesus that he and the other disciples have seen someone performing exorcisms in Jesus’ name, and that the disciples tried to stop him because the person was not in the "inner circle" of Jesus’ followers.

To understand the disciples’ motivation completely earlier in the chapter the disciples failed to help a man who asked them to perform such an exorcism on his hurting son.

There is a factor of jealousy in this text as the disciples try to deter the man who 'is not one of them' from using Jesus’ name to cast out demons, yet, it is the controlled manner of the disciples that comes through more than anything. They indirectly say "you are not one of us, so stop acting like you are, " regrettably, that spirit still oozes from those whose comments demonstrate your type of elitism.

It is interesting that the ‘boundaries’ set by Christ, and the boundaries set by his followers, are often so different and offensively exclusive, why is this so? Disillusion? Uncertain of what one believes? Fear that what you take as truth may be incorrect and that the truths of others is as valid as your own? Who knows!

Irulan
    iamarcin Posts: 72, Reputation: 4

Feb 9, 2006, 11:32 AM
    There is no god
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2006, 11:40 AM
    Hank,

God is in all of us. God is all around us. God is the in everything. God is a spiritual being I belief. Can we see him. Not necessarily. Does he look like anything. I am sure he can become anything at anytime but as a spiritual being could he appear as light, as thought? No one really knows.

Joe
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2006, 11:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76
    Hank,

God is in all of us. God is all around us. God is the in everything. God is a spiritual being I belief. Can we see him. Not necessarily. Does he look like anything. I am sure he can become anything at anytime but as a spiritual being could he appear as light, as thought? No one really knows.

Joe
    Hank most likely will not see this post. He hasn't been here for about 4 months. He was notorious for beginning a thread and never returning to it to comment.
    Gguru Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2006, 01:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by iamarcin
    there is no god
    You are right.

There is no God.

... And what is in all of us, is LIFE...

There is no allmighty,
    Nobody is going to punish anyone.

There is LIFE in us,LIFE is our source.
    We are forms , exposures of LIFE,with our LIFE-source within ourselves.

LIFE itself has much more possibilities,than most people think.
    LIFE is not allmighty , yet very powerful , very much capable of connecting to other individual LIFE-sources,in order to make things happen.

One can profit from LIFE's capabilities most , if one has a positive attitude towards life in general,so that no energy is being wasted on covering up things or nasty plans ,lies or whatever negative activity.
    LIFE is positive and only connecting to positive things.

One can only "punish"oneself by denying oneself the positive works of LIFE's powers.

Feb 10, 2006, 08:20 AM
    Hope12: The logo I use in my posts is the Hebrew langauge for God's name Jehovah, which belongs to all those wishing to use that name, not just the Jews. I do not argue with those full of anger. When you calm down, I will continue to speak with you. Peace:- ------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope12, Yes, I know what the Hebrew letters mean, however, your explanation falls short in explaining your "logo". What you used is still Hebrew letters used to symbolize yourself as a Christian and this smacks of pure double standard and duplicity to me. Anger seems to bo part and parcel of your religion who condemns all who do not follow your type of fire and brimstone mentality. Calm yourself and try to find some human kindness for your fellow humans whose idea of god is different than yours.
    khushhali100 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    -

Apr 8, 2007, 06:34 AM
    Assalam-o-alaikum...
    How Are you?? You Can Never Assigne A Face Of God!! Never... Who Say That I Know... he Is Fool... The God Is So Far From Us We Can Never Reach There... The Last Messenger "mohammad" (p.b.u.h), Rasool, And Beloved Of The God! Mohammad(peace Be Upon Him) Is Only One In The World, Who Watch The God... but At That Time... there Is A Cloth (as A Barrier) Between Mohammad(p.b.u.h) And The God!! No One Had Watched And No One Will Watch Ever In The World... That Is True... reply Me Must...
    Aton3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 4
    -

Dec 21, 2007, 09:01 PM
    God is an IDEA, an ESSENCE, a FORCE, a BELIEF, a Myth, A Legend: the perception is the mind of the believer, but none of these can be said to have an IMAGE. Absolute Deity looks like NOTHING.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search