Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xEoMxMoAxx Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2007, 07:35 PM
    Contemporary and modern dance
    Are modern and contemporary dance the same thing? And if they are not the same what is the difference?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2007, 11:10 PM
    It would appear that Modern and Contemporary Dance are not the same thing. From the following site: Contemporary dance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Contemporary dance is the name given to a group of 20th century concert dance forms. It is a collection of systems and methods developed from Modern and Postmodern dance. Thus contemporary dance is not a specific dance technique.
    You might like to check out the other information that is available also on the referenced site above.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teaching tips for contemporary dance [ 4 Answers ]

I've been teaching dance over the summer and my dance teacher recently asked me to teach the group of 9-11 year old girls I have some contemporary dance. I have taken it before but I can't seem to teach them anything easy or fun enough in class. If anyone has any ideas on what would entertain...

DDR Dance Dance Revolution question [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question regarding DDR but first let me set the stage for my knowledge and expectations. First, I'm no gamer by ANY stretch of the imagination. I played Zork in College and once in a blue moon I'll play frogger. But if I'm interested in something I usually try not to let cost get in...

Modern Day Sexuality [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, I wasn't sure whether this is the right place to put it, but this is indeed a discussion, not a question. So I guess I haven't strayed too far Has anyone noticed the bahaviour of teenage females in the last say... decade or maybe less It seems like more and more girls are becoming bi-sexual...

Modern Home Offices [ 4 Answers ]

Like a lot of modern home offices, my office tends to have a number of electronic devices (e.g multiple computers, monitors, printers, shredders, etc). Only recently have I begun to question the amount of power being drawn by each device. My problem being that a few times a day the 15A...

Names of contemporary music fm 1997-1998 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Please help me to find out the name of the hit songs(singer) between 1997-1998 in Austin, TX US. (Pops/R&B/Rock) I want to get those CDs. I have lived in there for that period, and was listening contemporary music from the radio everyday, but almost forget these names of songs /musicians....

View more questions Search