Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heartbeat Posts: 40, Reputation: -8

Aug 21, 2007, 04:25 PM
    Bleeding in 10th week
    I am 10 weeks 2 days pregnant and today morning I started having bright red bleeding with NO cramps. I went to the ER, their doctor did all the test blood test and ultrasound and everything came normal. There was normal heartbeat of the baby and the uterus and cervix line also looked fine with no blood.
    Doctor asked me to take bed rest and now I am having very very mild craming.

If everything is normal why I am bleeding ?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 05:05 PM
    A miscarriage can be nature's way of discharging an imperfect fetus'. It is not an unhappy event in this case and is very common during the first three months.

It is possible you are getting ready to miscarry.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 21, 2007, 05:08 PM
    And it is possible that it is nothing at all to worry about. Stay on bedrest and follow your doctor's orders.

Bleeding early in pregnancy is okay for some women and of no concern. It is good that you went to the hospital to have this checked out. Just follow your doctor's orders, it may be just how your body reacts to pregnancy. Only your doctor can give you a definitive answer.
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Aug 21, 2007, 05:27 PM
    Take your doctors advice and get some rest,
    I had bleeding at 8 weeks and 9 weeks with no cramping
    Everything was OK the bleeding finally stopped and I am now 15 weeks pregnant with no problems.
    Don't get to stressed it will do more harm then good
    Supreem Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Aug 21, 2007, 05:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by heartbeat
    I am 10 weeks 2 days pregnant and today morning i started having bright red bleeding with NO cramps. I went to the ER, their doctor did all the test blood test and ultrasound and everything came normal. There was normal heartbeat of the baby and the uterus and cervix line also looked fine with no blood.
    doctor asked me to take bed rest and now i am having very very mild craming.

if everything is normal why i am bleeding ?
    Your going to see a lot of weird things like that when your pregnant. Even if it's a "normal" thing, just keep doing wha tyour doing with seeing a doctor. It could just be a vein that's moved to a spot and is having a hard time healing because its disrupted by movement...
    jameex Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Aug 21, 2007, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    A miscarriage can be nature's way of discharging an imperfect fetus'. It is not an unhappy event in this case and is very common during the first three months.

It is possible you are getting ready to miscarry.
    Even if you are a doctor you shouldn't say that... you are scaring her... she saw her doctor and he told her what to do
    jameex Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Aug 21, 2007, 06:17 PM
    You did good by going to see the doctor before posting you question here.. at least you have a word from an expert who has examined you...
    I know a lady that had exactely the same thing and everything went normal... keep seeing your doctor you going to be altright
    Cheers and have a happy delivery

Aug 22, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Thanks a Lot... All these words really help...

Aug 22, 2007, 11:32 AM
    I had almost stopped bleeding and having no cramps... I called my Doctor and told her everything that I went to ER and everything came out normal and that the Doctor in Er has asked for a follow up within 2-3 days but my doctor said that if you are OK then there is no need for a follow up and she called me next week.I'm bit tensed because the Doctor in the ER said that no you have to follow up with your doctor within 2-3 days time and don't wait till next week . Don't know what to do because I tried to explain my doc. But she didn't listened.
    Expert

Aug 22, 2007, 11:36 AM
    Call the doc's office back and tell them what the ER said and that you would feel better getting checked out, you just want to hear the heartbeat.

Do you have a doppler at home that you can use to hear the heartbeat? If so, you can wait the week, if not, then it is a matter of comfort for you to have the doc take a listen.

Aug 22, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Call the doc's office back and tell them what the ER said and that you would feel better getting checked out, you just want to hear the heartbeat.

Do you have a doppler at home that you can use to hear the heartbeat? If so, you can wait the week, if not, then it is a matter of comfort for you to have the doc take a listen.
    I tried really hard to explain her but she didn't agree . She says we will also do your u/s which is already been done and your insurance will not pay this all. Don't know how to convince her because I'm really worried and want to make sure everything is going fine.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 11:42 AM
    While bleeding and cramping in early pregnancy can happen, I had it at 5 weeks with this pregnancy, it doesn't nessesarily mean miscarriage. You do need to follow the doctors advice and rest though.. If your doctor doesn't feel that she needs to see you right away, then I would listen to her. She took what you said and consider all options and made a decision, that is what she is there for. If you start to have heavier bleeding or more severre cramping call her again. She is just trying to save trip for you if it is not needed.

As for the advice that Choux gave, some people here believe that it is best not to sugar coat the truth to save someone's emotions. I try to look from all angles. What he said was all indeed true, although I think in this case, the OP is fine.
    Expert

Aug 22, 2007, 11:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by heartbeat
    I tried really hard to explain her but she didn't agree . She says we will also do ur u/s which is already been done and ur insurance will not pay this all. don't know how to convince her coz i'm really worried n want to make sure everything is going fine.
    Okay, hun, relax a little. You see, most likely your records were transferred from the hospital to your doctor. So, she already may have an understanding of what is going on. A week is not really too long to wait. I understand that it has you scared out of your pants, and that is normal. But just follow the doctor's instructions, bed rest, and go in in a week if nothing changes. If there are changes, then you are justified in going in earlier.

As we have all said, this can be quite normal for some women.

Aug 25, 2007, 12:23 PM
    I've one more concern that when I went for to ER as I was bleeding and in u/s all was normal with a strong heartbeat but that day I should be 10weeks 4days pregnant but u/s showed I was 10weeks 2days pregnant. 2Days difference really matters or is it OK? Will this effect my pregnancy in anyway?
    Expert

Aug 25, 2007, 01:40 PM
    This really doesn't make a difference. Nothing to worry about.

Sep 10, 2007, 07:18 AM
    I'm now 13 weeks 3 days pregnant. I started bleeding from 10week since then I'm bleeding and most of the time spotting . Last week again I started bleeding with clots I called my doctor and she said it's normal take rest . I'm very much confused what's going on with my body. 3 days back I had severe nausea and was not able to retain anything in my stomach ,whatever I ate or drank I just threw it out and even I had severe chest pain so I rushed to the ER .There the doctor said that it might be the muscle pull because I was throwing out badly then they did the u/s and baby was fine with strong heartbeat.My concern is till how long I will bleed or spot and is it really normal to bleed in pregnancy?

Sep 14, 2007, 07:07 AM
    Yesterday I went for the u/s and found that everything is normal .Baby is growing fine and with a strong heartbeat and everything looked good . They were not able to find what was the cause for my bleeding n spotting... someone help me that with all this have any effect on my baby?? What are my chances of having a normal pregnancy?? Please help...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a 10th Red Heifer yet? [ 5 Answers ]

I've been researching the red heifer of Numbers chapter 19. The last red heifer I've heard about was disqualified in 2002. Does any one know of a recent birth of a kosher red heifer?

Only one week! [ 2 Answers ]

I have 6 days until spring break.. and I'm not overweight but I've noticed that I've become a little bit flabby. I'm not concerned with the number on the scale, but is there any way to lose part of the flab in such short time? Its mostly just around my mid-section on my tummy and love handles.....

I lost best friend on January 10th 2007, my Momma [ 2 Answers ]

My Mom passed away from terminal cancer which she had fought & beat for 8 years. My Mom was the strongest woman & most amazing Mom in the world. My parents, married over 40 years & still so in love, immigrated from Croatia & had my sister (40) My brother (34) and me (24). Being the baby of the...

What is with this week? [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone else been having a drama-filled week? UGH I just need to rant a little bit... Too start, my ex and I have been on talking terms again.. no arguments for a while, and I was getting to like him (not in a way to get back, just seeing the guy I fell for in the begining). At one point he...

View more questions Search