Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 03:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by retsoksirhc
    So...what is the other? Perhaps it is a little bit more legitamate.
    O.K. one down and another to go…longitude & latitude
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 21, 2007, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_crow
    Eternity and never
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    Mr. Crow, I just checked again; this is the Philosophy Board!

:):):)
    So it is, what do you know, and I thought it was the graveyard. :D
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    Who changes from dead?
    The change is to dead, but not back again; therefor non-existence.
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Eternity and never
    Never is eternity :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 03:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Our sun indeed has a limited life span:
    What is the life expectancy of the sun?
    Stand still, I can't read your posts:D
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Aug 21, 2007, 03:53 PM
    Interesting thoughts you have. However, Nothing and Forever are concepts with-out objects, that is, they are not material objects.
    (Snip)
    However by my meaning of absolutes your answers are not correct.
    I only quote this because I want to be an arse :)

I had to think about this for a minute, but I think you can dismiss latitude and longitude, also. If you're referring to them as the physical locations on continents, and geographic locations, then you shuold remember that the earth's crust is made of plates. These plates move, and the latitude and longitude coordinates of a physical location can change slightly. Supposedly, the earth started with one continent, Pangea, I believe was the name they gave it. The locations of almost everything has certainly changed since then.\

If you mean the lines we draw on a globe, then refer to what you told me earlier. They aren't real objects, just concepts, so by your meaning of absolutes, that can't e right either...

Sorry :P
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 04:03 PM
    I only quote this because I want to be an arse :)

I had to think about this for a minute, but I think you can dismiss lattitude and longitude, also. If you're referring to them as the physical locations on continents, and geographic locations, then you shuold remember that the earth's crust is made of plates. These plates move, and the lattitude and longitude coordinates of a physical location can change slightly. Supposedly, the earth started out with one continent, Pangea, I believe was the name they gave it. The locations of almost everything has certainly changed since then.\

If you mean the lines we draw on a globe, then refer to what you told me earlier. They aren't real objects, just concepts, so by your meaning of absolutes, that can't e right either...

Sorry :P
    Well arse,:) are there no absolutes: everything is relative?
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 21, 2007, 04:03 PM
    Your vision of philosophy and the introduction of your concepts of science have, over the past, been shown to mutually exclusive.
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 04:06 PM
    Your vision of philosophy and the introduction of your concepts of science have, over the past, been shown to mutually exclusive.
    And in English that means… :)

Aug 21, 2007, 04:08 PM
    Haha, ouch. This thread is COLD. But it's all in good fun, right? RIGHT?

Also, I want to revise an earlier post. I'm changing my "The Past" to "History." The past may not exist today, but history does, as it refers to knowledge about the past. It's still not physical, but it meets the same criteria as nothing and forever now, I believe.
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 04:12 PM

Also, I want to revise an earlier post. I'm changing my "The Past" to "History." The past may not exist today, but history does, as it refers to knowledge about the past. It's still not physical, but it meets the same criteria as nothing and forever now, I believe.
    Good move, and that proves history can be re-written, right. :D

Aug 21, 2007, 04:15 PM
    Good move, and that proves history can be re-written, right. :D
    Damn... walked right into that one. Unless you consider it an annotation instead of a rewrite :)

Quote Home Simpson: "Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!"
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 04:16 PM

Knowledge, now that is an interesting word, given the relativity of the world.
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 04:20 PM
    Damn...walked right into that one. Unless you consider it an annotation instead of a rewrite :)

Quote Home Simpson: "Facts are meaningless. You can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!"
    Indeed, when we interpret from particulars to generalities we often get it wrong.
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 21, 2007, 04:32 PM
    In reality your using your own strawman riddle to pump up your own post.
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 04:35 PM
    So that's what you think. And you reached that conclusion by Deduction or Induction

Aug 21, 2007, 04:45 PM
    Well arse,:) are there no absolutes: everything is relative?
    According to this, it looks like he used inductive reasoning. Since nothing is absolute, you can't deduct anything from it. Right? Oh wait, that was deductive..
    Since nothing is absolute (for the most part), the majority of the entirety of existence (or most of it), nothing (or almost nothing) can be deducted from it (or part of it).

Right?

Um... what?
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 04:57 PM
    According to this, it looks like he used inductive reasoning. Since nothing is absolute, you can't deduct anything from it. Right? Oh wait, that was deductive..
    Since nothing is absolute (for the most part), the majority of the entirety of existance (or most of it), nothing (or almost nothing) can be deducted from it (or part of it).

Right?

Um...what?
    From nothing is absolute we might deduce that all is theory; which of course religion, Evolution and Politics is.

Ya think? Whooops, forgot science
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Aug 21, 2007, 05:15 PM
    What are two absolutes that exist in eternity and never change?...
    The laws of time and space. Our interpretation of time and space may change, but the laws themselves will not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does random exist [ 48 Answers ]

Hello, I was just wondering if random exists within physics. If not, if there's only one way something can happen depending on how it happens, and future events are determined by present and past events.. then surely the future can't be controlled.. it could only happen that one way. Is choice...

Does Truth Exist? [ 36 Answers ]

Does Truth Exist? My belief is that the truth varies with each individual. There is no truth, there is only what each person perceives to be the truth. If we are in conflict with someone regarding truth, the best thing to do would be to accept that everyone sees what they want to see...

Do ghost dolls really exist? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm wondering if ghost dolls really exist. Please share stories about your expieriences with ghost dolls or really scary dolls.

The one may truly not exist. [ 5 Answers ]

Hey my friend told me this riddle before he went away. It's been weeks and sadly I still can't figure it out. Can anyone help solve it? Have you ever fell so far into someone.. that the only thing you could do was hold on to the breathe of there presence... Because comes a day when you wake...

The guy I like doesn't know I exist. [ 3 Answers ]

There is this guy I like. I have only seen him around campus a few times. I asked people if they knew him and if so what info they can give me. So far I know his name and that he's a 19 year old freshman and he lives in my dorm building! I have never had a boyfriend before. I always end up...

View more questions Search