Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    visher Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2007, 12:19 PM
    Corian finish is dull -contractor response
    Thanks for the answer regarding my countertop. I called the contractor and he told me he finished with 180 grit and told me to get a product called Counter Top Magic to polish off the counter. He says this does the same thing as a slurry compond (which he did not use). Does this sound right?
    heaphy Posts: 40, Reputation: 3

Sep 20, 2007, 03:08 PM
    Sanding a Corian countertop to just 180 grit will result in a dull (matte) finish. I refinish Corian tops all the time, and I usually sand to at least 360 grit and then buff the surface to produce a nice semi-gloss sheen.

Countertop Magic is a good product, as is Hopes Countertop Polish (my favorite). However, it is necessary for the countertop to be sanded properly first.

Slurry compounds are NOT routinely used to finish Corian countertops.

Visit my website for more information:

Top Repair - Your Countertops Like New Again. DuPont Corian and Other Brands

- Jim Heaphy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Corian finish is dull [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had Corian counters installed in my kitchen. The contractor said it would be finished with 250 grit. The counters seem dull and when viewed at an angle, they show faint sanding lines. Water does not wipe up easily but remains on the counter as a thin film or small pools that dry and...

I am covered in freckles is there anything I can do to dull them down? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm covered in freckles from head to toe Is there anything that will dull them down or get rid of them? :confused:

Sub-contractor / CONTRACTOR liability [ 1 Answers ]

We Had Flooring Installed In Our Home. The Company Who We Bought The Flooring Promised The Flooring To Be Glued Down. Instead Their Sub-contracted Foreign Installers Drilled Through The Concrete. Water Is Now Shooting Up Through The Holes Like A Fountain. The Company Told Us That The Damage...

View more questions Search