Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twojai Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2007, 05:52 AM
    Ceiling Fan wobble
    My 3 year old "Builders Best" ceiling fan has started to wobble. It has
    A 6" extension in between blades and ceiling and it clicks (which is a
    Bother at night). I want to try to fix it but not sure what to do.
    Thanks! Twojai:o
    Alan Penweather Posts: 10, Reputation: 4

Aug 21, 2007, 07:59 AM
    Have you checked to see if there is anything heavy hanging off one of the blades?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 21, 2007, 11:46 AM
    If you fan was OK for 3 years and started wobbling now it is likely a warped blade. Do check to see if there is any dirt build up but the warped blades can be replaced. Replave all blade at once and check the weight of each blade, it's a small label on the back of the blade.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2007, 02:36 PM
    Here are balancing instructions:

Ceiling fan blade balancing issues - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan wiring, 2 blk, 2 what, 1 red, 1 grn from ceiling [ 3 Answers ]

I am attempting to install a hampden bay minuet 2 fan. The prexisting ceiling wires consist of two black, two white, 1 red, and my ground wire. A basic lite fixture was installed previously and controlled by a single wall switch. The wall switch has 1 red on the bottom and two black on the top...

Ceiling Fan Wobble After Towel Thrown At It [ 4 Answers ]

Taz, my kid, threw a towel at his ceiling fan. The fan has a ball-and-socket sort of fixture near the ceiling mount. It still spins fine but it wobbles now significantly and makes several noises. I can't see anything that looks bent on the blades or otherwise. I'd thought maybe the fan just...

Hampton Bay Ceiling fan: fan speed pull chain [ 2 Answers ]

The pull chain controlling the fan speed snapped off inside the unit. How much disassembly is required to replace it?

Will Fan Fall? And Wobble... [ 5 Answers ]

FINALLY finished installing a ceiling fan today (long story) and wanted to know if it could fall down. I accidentally over tightened the setscrew on the hanger ball while attaching it to the downrod and the screw head broke off. There was about 1/16 in. thread left on the piece I broke off and...

Hanging ceiling fan from vaulted ceiling peak [ 2 Answers ]

Want to install Hampton Bay's Berlini model 729395 on a cathedral ceiling with a single ridge beam. Want to hang fan from the peak and there's not enough room for the canopy to cover the hanger bracket. Is there any extenders for this?

View more questions Search