Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catcharainbow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2007, 05:12 AM
    Monroe piercing
    Hello
    I got my monroe about a week ago. I want to switch the one out though because now that the swelling went down it rubs my teeth a lot and is really annoying. Does anyone know what size gauge I should get and also what size shaft would you recommend? Thanks!
    Jas
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2007, 09:26 AM
    Although I know it is annoying, the Monroe shouldn't be changed for at least 4 weeks, even though 6 weeks is the recommended time. Changing it after only a week could irritate the piercing, and irritation if not taken care of properly can lead to infection.

Now if you absolutely have to change it out, I would suggest staying with whatever gauge it was pierced with, which should either be 14 or 16. It was more than likely 14 though. You can also get jewelry that is plastic on the inner lip part of the jewelry so it is less irritating and harsh on your teeth.

Whatever you decide to do, just be careful! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monroe peircing [ 4 Answers ]

I've been thinking about getting a monroe. Does anyone have one? If so please let me know the pros and cons. If it got infected? How long did it take to heal? How big is the hole when you take the stud out?

The monroe doctrine [ 2 Answers ]

What is the message to latin america from the monroe doctrine?

Monroe doctrine [ 1 Answers ]

Under the monroe doctrine european powers were allowed to intervene in the affairs of independent countries in latin america? True or false?

View more questions Search