Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donotrun Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Aug 21, 2007, 05:00 AM
    Information about other than physical abuse
    I do not know if this is criminal law. I would like to know if there is any justice for a person who has been emotionally, mentally, and sexually abused. The only evidence I have at the moment is another person who can testify to the same abuse and maybe a relative of hers. Mental abuse and the ones mentioned here are way worse than physical abuse but I don't see a way were justice can prevail or to prevent this to happen to anyone else.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2007, 05:13 AM
    Hello don:

Well, that person has to file a lawsuit or see the cops. I don't know if justice can be done, but that person needs to take the first step.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 21, 2007, 05:23 AM
    Unless it is direrct threats of harm, normally there is no criminal statue about just being mentally abusive ( not sure what sexual abuse you are talking about) But you stop it for yourself by getting away and having no contact with that person. And often just getting away is all you can do.

Aug 21, 2007, 05:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello don:

Well, that person has to file a lawsuit or see the cops. I dunno if justice can be done, but that person needs to take the first step.

excon
    In the law there are so many issues involved. First, he had a protection order against me and he violated it and we were seen each other the protection order is still in effect, another thing what kind of lawsuit are you talking about and what should I tell the cops?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2007, 05:27 AM
    Hello again, don:

Tell the cops what you told us, and hire a lawyer in order to file a lawsuit. If you have no money to hire a lawyer, just see the cops.

excon

Aug 21, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello again, don:

Tell the cops what you told us, and hire a lawyer in order to file a lawsuit. If you have no money to hire a lawyer, just see the cops.

excon
    That is funny about the criminal in the jail cell!

What kind of lawyer could I get? And what would the lawsuit be for?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Physical science [ 2 Answers ]

What is the volume of a liter in mm3

Physical information of hard drive [ 1 Answers ]

Where does the physical information of HD( cylinder, Head, sectors) will be found in system.

Physical custody [ 4 Answers ]

What would be the reason for a judge to decide to take away the physical custody for one parent to the other?? I'm a college student, and I don't work. However my husband work. If I get divorced, can the judge give the physical custody of my baby to my husband just because I am not working? I am...

Physical Custody [ 1 Answers ]

What would be the reason for a judge to decide to take away the physical custody for one parent to the other?? I'm a college student, and I don't work. However my husband work. If I get divorced, can the judge give the physical custody of my baby to my husband just because I am not working? I am...

Chemical-physical changes [ 3 Answers ]

What is the difference of a physical and a chemical change?

View more questions Search