Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shy_girl Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Aug 20, 2007, 11:48 PM
    How do I let him down easily.
    I went ice-skating with these to lads the other day and one told me that the other fancies me. I've been out with him before but I don't like him that way anymore. I don't like being straight with lads by just telling them I'm not interested . How do I tell him nicely, without upsetting him? :confused:
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Aug 22, 2007, 02:02 AM
    Hello Shy Girl,

I can understand how you feel about telling someone you are not interested in being more than friends, because you don't want to hurt them, but my advice is to privately tell him very diplomatically that you think he is a really nice boy and although you like him a lot, that's all it is. Tell him you are very happy to be friends but no more.

He may well be living in the hope that you will eventually become more than friends but I am sure you will agree that it is unfair to let him hope that if it is not going to happen.

Although he may feel let down at first, he will get over it.
    ilu Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 02:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by poseidon
    He may well be living in the hope that you will eventually become more than friends but I am sure you will agree that it is unfair to let him hope that if it is not going to happen.

Although he may feel let down at first, he will get over it.
    I totally agree with Poseidon. Things will get uglier if his feelings for you get stronger. You are really doing him a favour by letting him know what he can expect (although he won't realize that, but you know now!).
    You can let him know you feel it is a compliment that he falls for you because it is nice to be liked. All the rest has been said by Poseidon :)

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Easily breakable solid [ 15 Answers ]

Name the solid that breaks easily?

Why does she gets angry easily? [ 1 Answers ]

We have been dating for the past 3 years and yet she easily gets angry over little things (either relevant or not). Why do I do?

How do I let him go easily? [ 18 Answers ]

I need to break up with my boyfriend. What should I do? He'd go to pieces!

View more questions Search