Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cameronnc1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2007, 07:11 PM
    B&W, house burning, nanny.movie title
    It's on the tip of my tongue, but it won't come out! Help!

I'm searching for the title of a b&w film that was probably from the 40's, but that's a guess. It involves a wealthy lwidower that lives on a large estate. He marries a young woman and when she moves in, the governess won't let the new wife enter the room of the dead wife. She believes the new wife doesn't "measure up" to the previous. In the end, the house burns and the governess dies in the fire.

Any help would surely be appreciated
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2007, 07:14 PM
    The movie is called, "Rebecca" with Joan Fontaine and Laurence Olivier. Alfred Hitchhock directed it. The governess does die in the end. Remember the beginning, "last night I dreamed of Mandalay." Made in 1940.
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Aug 20, 2007, 07:16 PM
    It's one of the best films ever made. The movie is Rebecca.

It won the Best Picture Academy Award in 1940. I have seen this movie at least a dozen times.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very Very Vague Description of 80's Children Movie... Need movie title [ 8 Answers ]

Ok there's probably no hope here but I'll try anyway... There is a movie I watched when I was very young and would like to get a hold of it. It was in the mid 80's when I watched it but the movie could have been made in the 70's sometime. Pretty much the only part I can remember is these...

Robot nanny movie? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to find the name of this movie that I watched a long time ago. It was about a nanny who was a robot. She cared for a girl that was maybe named Tabitha or Agatha. But what I remember most of all was her dispensing orange juice from her fingertip. Maybe milk too... And I think at the...

Movie burning... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi this just comes in my mind because, I saw some DVD with 7 movies in it then I think. A DVD disc only have 4. something GB if that's so how come 7 movies fits in, I know that movie now a days are in AVI format and its size was too large... If there's a way to fit it... may be you can burn 1 movie...

Movie title? A house burning and someone walks off a cliff. [ 3 Answers ]

I remember watching this movie when I was with a babysitter many many years ago. 1980's - very early 90's The things I remember from the movie are: There is some house that I think is engulfed in flames. There may be a ghost involved in this, but there's someone in the house that is trying...

View more questions Search