Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronree Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2007, 06:29 PM
    Towing capacity
    What is the towing capacity of a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9 liter v8 engine 4 wheel drive ?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 20, 2007, 06:45 PM
    If you don't have an owner's manual and the vehicle isn't equipped with a placard then a call to your local Dodge dealer may be your best bet. Your truck will thank you, too, if it's equipped with an auxiliary transmission cooler. You may also want to consider adding an additional electric fan wired in to your vehicle and controlled by a toggle switch so you can turn on or off the fan as you need, if you tow frequently enough to justify the addition.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car Towing Services [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a reliable car towing service in downtown chicago. I have a lexus coupe which I need towed to the dealership and want to avoid paying dealer pricing for a tow. Can someone suggest a good service?

Towing my honda [ 1 Answers ]

Can I tow my 1995 honda with all four wheels down with my motor home ?

Towing capacity of 91 sable [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: A couple of years ago, I had a 91 taurus that had a light duty receiver hitch on it. I have a 2,000 lbs capacity trailer, the trailer weights about 340 lbs. Well, I blew the transmission on that car. I researched the taurus transmission of that year, and it was said that it was a bad...

Bumper towing ball [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Chev Van, on the real bumper (step type of bumper) there on the black rubber, it said this bumper not designed for towing. ( or something very simular) but it has a hole right there for a towing ball. Exactly why would it not tow a small trailer. I step on the bumper, I put ramps on...

Towing question [ 3 Answers ]

I need a 62 foot single wide mobile home transported to my mountain property temporarily. I have never done this before, we are using the trailor as temp residence while we build our cabin home. I have no idea who to call to tow this mobile home from the seller to my property. I have no clue as to...

View more questions Search