Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oondada Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2007, 02:34 PM
    Cant see anymore
    Hey everyone, I'm new here but I have a question . My laptop monitor is damaged so I cannot see anymore. I have a port on the back of the laptop for a monitor but when I startup the computer with my separate flat screen monitor (monitor 2) attached, I can see it boot up but when Windows starts up, monitor 2 hibernates and the laptop monitor comes on. I hit F8 and startup in safe mode, and monitor 2 works fine. I can hit F8 on startup, and startup in VGA mode. When I do this, I can start windows normally, and see with monitor 2, but its stuck in 640x480 screen res and low quality 8bit colors. If I change the resolution, monitor 2 hibernates and I am stuck with the broken laptop monitor. Help!

Joe
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Aug 20, 2007, 02:44 PM
    Typically there's a Fn key combination that you have to hit to transfer video over to the other port. This obviously depends on what type of laptop you have, try checking the documentation. You might also see a little picture of a monitor above or on one of the keys on the keyboard. Hold down the Fn key and hit that key.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doesn't like me anymore? [ 7 Answers ]

The girl I'm with right now I have dated twice before, I really love her, and id do anything for her. Recently she hasn't really been acting like her self around me, she used to be pretty bubbly, always wanted to talk or do something, and we always hugged/kissed. Now she never seems to have time to...

Not sure if he is the one anymore [ 42 Answers ]

I need your help. I am 28 & my b/f is 40. I have been dating my boyfriend of 3 years and lately I have been having doubts or better yet opened my eyes! Here goes: I was separated from my husband when I met my boyfriend.. Who was also married at the time? He helped me to divorce my husband,...

He doesn't want me anymore [ 6 Answers ]

I found this web because of that I goggled " he doesn't want me anymore". My husband and me met 3 and half years ago, he was my first sex partner, I didn't know anything about sex when I met him, although I was 20. He was 27. We used to have sex twice a week when we started dating, I was very...

I can't take it anymore! [ 11 Answers ]

My life is very complicated I have no one to talk too about my problems, my worries. My mother does not talk to me does not want to talk to me. She just wants to tell me to do stuff and then she is done with me. I wish I had someone to talk to that accually cared about the way I feel or what...

View more questions Search