Ask
    curious kate Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2007, 01:20 PM
    Marrige
    What age do you have to be to get married
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2007, 01:21 PM
    I think in every state its 18 though I know there are certain situations that can allow one to marry younger then 18.
    MrsJoseph06 Posts: 189, Reputation: 22

Aug 20, 2007, 01:33 PM
    It's 18 in the majority of states however, I know with parents permission you can get married as young as 16.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 20, 2007, 05:52 PM
    18 without parents permission. Each state has its own age limits with parents permission, I know of one state that allows even younger than 16 with parents permission at this time. ** the parents should be shot for letting someone younger than 16 marry personally.
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Aug 20, 2007, 06:08 PM
    When I was in the 8th grade, I had a classmate who was taken to Alabama and married at age 14. That state requires parental consent, though. I think the age in New Hampshire is 13 for girls.
    dniemiera Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2008, 04:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldieMae
    When I was in the 8th grade, I had a classmate who was taken to Alabama and married at age 14. That state requires parental consent, though. I think the age in New Hampshire is 13 for girls.
    No it is 18 years old w/o consent and 17 w/o consent if pregnant and have proof that you are pregnant and 16 years old w/ consent
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 19, 2008, 10:24 PM
    BEEP,

All of the above may be technically correct but in fact they are wrong!

Marriage is not a mandatory act. Marriage is a lifestyle change that we as a people can choose to embrace.

Age isn't the perquisite, understanding and belief are the necessary legs, All of the above posts seem to discussing the legalities of the Marriage Act but not the Intent of the Marriage Act (Act is my very poor choice of words so please don't hammer me on this)

When you enter into "Married Life," you are willing accepting a different style of life. Instead of being able to move freely among society and picking mates as you please, you are now saying, I'm married and to me that means,.

Sexual liaisons are limited to your spouse, but sex is really such a small piece of married life, essential but small compared with the blessing and gifts that can be part of married life.

For me, I got married at 18, with absolutely zero knowledge of what it is to be married or for that matter what it meant to be unmarried. I'm a guy. Show me a female and I'm already planning her bedtime with me. Of course that was pre maritial and thnose of you who were or are 18 ear old males, knows that our conquest rate nevwer totaled out to reality. I had to learn some tough lessons along my way and yet, here I lie (I' in bed with pneumonia) and as I look backwards, at least since I started looking backwards because of answering questions here, I cannot see anywhere where marriage has set me back

Do I love my lady, yes! Much more and deeper than when we were 18. Do I miss not having a chance to be single? Don't know and don't care.

Marriage can be wonderful and miserable and painful and pleasureful. All within the same 10 minutes of a day! For me, this is my avocation!
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Jan 19, 2008, 10:42 PM
    My aunt was married when she was 12 and had 6 kids by the time she was 21. Although that was a different generation. I think the legal age to get married w/o parental consent is 18 everywhere... it just differs when it comes to parental consent. I know that its 14 in Alabama and Kentucky and it's at least 16 in Indiana (b/c my sister did).
    dniemiera Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Jan 20, 2008, 01:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by donf
    BEEP,

All of the above may be technically correct but in fact they are wrong!

Marriage is not a mandatory act. Marriage is a lifestyle change that we as a people can choose to embrace.

Age isn't the perquisite, understanding and belief are the necessary legs, All of the above posts seem to discussing the legalities of the Marriage Act but not the Intent of the Marriage Act (Act is my very poor choice of words so please don't hammer me on this)

When you enter into "Married Life," you are willing accepting a different style of life. Instead of being able to move freely among society and picking mates as you please, you are now saying, I'm married and to me that means, .......?

Sexual liaisons are limited, but sex is really such a small piece of married life, essential but small compared with the blessing and gifts that can be part of married life.

For me, I got married at 18, with absolutely zero knowledge of what it is to be married. I had to learn some tough lessons along my way and yet, here I lie (I' in bed with pneumonia) and as I look backwards, at least since I started looking backwards because of answering questions here, I cannot see anywhere where marriage has set me back

Do I love my lady, yes! Much more and deeper than when we were 18. Do I miss not having a chance to be single? Don't know and don't care.

Marriage can be wonderful and miserable and painful and pleasureful. All within the same 10 minutes of a day! For me, this is my avocation!
    You know i never really saw it like that... intersting point of view :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Out of a marrige [ 1 Answers ]

what would happened to me if I did not want to be in a marriage any more, but my husband is not a citizen in the u.s. yet we have not went to the two year interview so if do not attend the interview what happends to me??

Marrige will be successful [ 7 Answers ]

By what age I will get married and how would be my post marriage life?

International marrige [ 1 Answers ]

I am a international student from Hong Kong. I am now holding a student Visa F-1 visa. I have recently been engaged to an American born citizen. I want to know how marriage will effect my visa. And if and how I can be considered a resident of america. Is there difference between resident and...

Would you recommend marrige [ 11 Answers ]

I'm 22 will finish school next year Still living with my mother and brother and now fiancé in ny My mother just recently got a divorce with my father I was born in poland and have lived there for the first 10 years of my life She is 28 and not a us citizen so that is one of the reason we want...

Marrige for Green Card [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know I've applied for immigration petion through my brother who is a citizen but I am engaged to get married to a US citizen also. Here is my ? If I get married will it afect the application that is ongoing with my brother?

View more questions Search