Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jachelp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Financial Statements
    What do financial statements tell about a company? How do you read them?
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 09:24 PM
    It is one of the best ways to get an idea of your company's stability is through a financial statement. Such an evaluation helps you gain a good picture of where the future of your company lies and on what financial grounds it stands.
    Review the income margin from company's operations and sales. Any downfall in margin indicates trouble with the financial statement. Estimate the difference in a day's sale to a month's sale. Low values show low finances.
    What specific questions do you have on the financial statement?
    I could write 10 pages, but I prefer you have a specific question.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2007, 06:20 PM
    helpmehelpu disagrees: Too general; inaccurate; confused; raised more questions than answered
    Please read the instructions about the rating system.
    You shouldn't disagree unless you have a better explanation on the OP.
    You are obviously abuse the system and please notice that I have previous and current working experience in finance as a professional in Fortune 500.
    paisley08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2011, 09:27 PM
    How do you use financial statements to analyze the financial health of a company? I do not know where to start.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2011, 07:35 AM
    You use the Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, and the comparative Financial Statement to create various financial ratios to analyze the financial health of a company.

The ratios will tell you if a company is able to pay its short-term or long-term debt, how fast assets are being turned over, the earnings per share of a company's stock, etc...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Financial Statements [ 1 Answers ]

Who are the internal and external users of a company's financial statements? For what purpose do they use this information?

Financial statements [ 1 Answers ]

Who are the internal and external users of a company's financial statements?

Financial Statements [ 1 Answers ]

List accounts in Classified Balance Sheet, Retained Earnings and Income Statement. Show Examples Please

Financial statements [ 1 Answers ]

Selected amounts from H&B co. info system appear as follows: Cash paid employees for salaries and wages=300,000 Cash collocted from sales customers=1,850,000 Bonds payable=500,000 Cash=150,000 Common stock=60,000 Equipment=840,000 Prepaid insurance=30,000 Inventory=250,000 Prepaid...

View more questions Search