Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Haplo Posts: 128, Reputation: 17

Aug 20, 2007, 10:27 AM
    Women's periods and emotions
    Hi,

All right, for the women out there, I'm going to pose a question that I feel mildly uncomfortable asking, but hey...

My gal at the moment is starting her period and she told me this morning when I was driving her to work that she feels bloated like a 500lb woman, and tired because she couldn't sleep due to cramps and just generally unhappy.

Is it nice to hear, during these times, that you're great, beautiful and that someone is there thinking about you and hoping you have a good day? Or would that piss you off?
    jcd987 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2007, 10:44 AM
    Don't say those things just because she's PMSing because that probably would piss her off. It's actually nice to hear all the time. :)

Aug 20, 2007, 10:48 AM
    Oh, I do say them all the time. :) I guess I was just wondering if it was nice to hear during those times though, maybe more so than normal.
    jcd987 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2007, 10:53 AM
    What a good boyfriend you are! My husband can always tell what time it is for me... then he points out that I'm being a which pisses me off. Heheheheeee... Haplo, I think you're doing a good job.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2007, 10:55 AM
    It's a nice thing. But during our periods we will argue with you. I take compliments well and always just accept them except during my period. We feel foul in a way you could never comprehend. All you can do is reassure her and say honey I think you look great. If she argues just say I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Aug 20, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Well I sent it and she msged me back a little while later asking if I wanted to go see the Chicago skyline with her tonight. She had previously mentioned that she didn't think we'd hang out tonight, so I guess it hit the right spot :)

But honestly, I just want her to know that I think she's great during this time when she feels so blech.

Choosing to spend time with me is just icing on the cake!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dealing with Emotions [ 8 Answers ]

In a professional capacity, would you say it is okay to be "angry or emotional"?

Stressed about emotions [ 3 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship with someone who I really love for two years now. When we first met I was under the impression he just split with someone and was in the process of moving from the residence where they both lived. I also just split from a long term relationship and really like hom but...

He's playing with my emotions [ 3 Answers ]

My ex-boyfriend just called me a few minutes ago to ask me if he could come to my house,thing is we stopped keeping contact a few months ago and now I'm going out with his friend and he knows about it cause he asked me about it, he asked me if I want to date this guy and I said yes thing is I still...

View more questions Search