Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    louisagerard Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2007, 07:45 AM
    Correcting my posture
    Does anyone know how I can improve my posture? I have a bad habit of not sitting up straight or I walk with my shoulders bent forward. Can I somehow help myself with this problem before I turn into the hunchback of notre dame... I am in my upper 20's. Any advise is appreciated.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2007, 07:50 AM
    Just being aware of yourself will help you with your posture. It's kind of like keeping your stomach pulled in. It makes you look better and helps your back at the same time. The longer you do it, the less you have to think about it.

Try rolling your shoulders back then setting them in alignment over your hip bones. It is a technique I learned in my dance class that keeps you straight. Yoga and Pilates will also help with your posture. The best thing about good posture is that it makes your figure look better!
    GoldieMae Posts: 263, Reputation: 89

Aug 20, 2007, 08:08 AM
    To add to Emland's very good advice, you should work on strengthening your core muscles. Instead of sitting all the way back in a chair, sit forward, and pull in your stomach muscles as you sit. This forces your spine to align properly. With your core pulled in and your back aligned, your shoulders will fall in place and will not want to pitch forward. When you walk and stand, also think about those core muscles. Try to think of a string inside of your body that is being pulled upward and pull your muscles gently in the direction of this imaginary string. In other words, try to pull your muscles to the very center of your abdomen area.

You will begin to notice that it is uncomfortable to hunch your shoulders forward if your core muscles are pulled upward toward the center of your body.

One bonus is that holding this posture will give you a more lady-like walk as well, which adds to the allure.

And if you have ever had a baby, strengthening the core does a good job of pulling everything back into place after birth.
    fallen2grace Posts: 199, Reputation: 4

Sep 14, 2007, 10:36 PM
    Mm. Just get in the habit of sitting up straight. Weather its watching t.v or on the computer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad Posture [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or experience with bad posture correction. I have always had bad posture! I really want to correct it before it's to late. My back is always killing me! I work in an office and sit at a desk and I know this doesn't help! Any suggestions would help!

Correcting entries [ 1 Answers ]

Which accounts would I use to correct an entry, where a bill was posted as being paid and later it was realized that the bill was paid with the owner's personal money?

Correcting scars [ 2 Answers ]

I cut myself for three years and now I have very noticeable scars all over my arms legs ankles and I don't know how to reduce their visibility or make them less obvious... any ideas?

Correcting entry [ 1 Answers ]

What is the inccorect entry correct entry and correcting entry The purchase on account of a computer that cost $3,000 was recorded as a debit to supplies and a credit to accounts payable for $3,000

Correcting hair color [ 1 Answers ]

I died my hair and it came out black. Wanted dark brown. Any ideas how to reduce black colored hair?:confused:

View more questions Search