Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jijo Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2007, 03:30 AM
    Is an opinion. To which ever name you call GOD is OK since we have different language and NO... one is willing to accept the other. All GOD name in difft language means the same name to ALLAH and we respect it hat way.
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Aug 24, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    And for your information,it does not matter to me whether Christians or Jews convert to Islam,but whenever they do it just shows that they believe in the One and True God and accept His will and submit to Him.It is no concern for me as I am answerable to Allah for my own deed good or bad.

Firm, I have no doubt that you're well grounded in Islam. Currently I spend most of my time on the politics board, but for those who don't know of me from years past and my background, I was born to a Gentile father and a Jewish mother. I think it's good to hear from your perspective and now that I have, I'm going to comment on your remark. Now of the very very few Jews that have ever strayed outside of Judaism to study Islam and to practice the traditions and rituals, they never stopped being Jews no matter what Islam teaches or identity the individual may think of themselves. It's impossible for a born Jew to convert since being Jewish is more than just a Faith. As for the "One True G-d," if a Jew or Christian for that matter, is truly immersed in their respected Faiths they'd have absolutely no reason ever to practice Islam. We are all answerable to our Creator.

Bobby
    Toms777 Posts: 25, Reputation: 4
    -

Aug 24, 2007, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete
    Tom saw this one and commented on it at AW. There are many who think that the God of Christianity and the God of Islam are the same. Poor deluded fools, but it is Catholic rhetoric that the Muslims are true believers so this fellow is just mouthing the Catholic line. I like the line above in speechless response, we have a snow ball's chance in hell that the Muslims would call God Jehovah and certainly not Jesus.

Allah is the name of the arabian moon God, so Christians should not associate the name of god with this lesser diety
    There is no lesser deity. You polytheists are wrong.

Deuteronomy 6:4

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God[is one LORD (NIV)

Tom
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2007, 11:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM
    Firm, I have no doubt that you're well grounded in Islam. Currently I spend most of my time on the politics board, but for those who don't know of me from years past and my background, I was born to a Gentile father and a Jewish mother. I think it's good to hear from your perspective and now that I have, I'm going to comment on your remark.
    Now of the very very few Jews that have ever strayed outside of Judaism to study Islam and to practice the traditions and rituals, they never stopped being Jews no matter what Islam teaches or identity the individual may think of themselves. It's impossible for a born Jew to convert since being Jewish is more than just a Faith. As for the "One True G-d," if a Jew or Christian for that matter, is truly immersed in their respected Faiths they'd have absolutely no reason ever to practice Islam. We are all answerable to our Creator.

Bobby
    The thing is that Islam has the best of Jewish faith too as we believe in the Torah(Taurat) revealed to Moses(alaihi salaam) and that the Quran contains similar teachings of monotheism and we believe in the commandments sent to Moses(alaihi salaam).

And Islam is also more than a faith, it is a way of life too.It just shows that the roots are the same, Abraham ,Noah,Moses,Jesus and the final Prophet and messenger Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon them all).

And being Islam just means total submission to the One true God and believing in all the messengers and the final messenger and Prophet.The Quran is considered the final revelation hence I have seen quite a number of Christians and I have read testimonies of Jews who have reverted to Islam as they found that Islam has the best of the Chrisitian and Jewish faiths and being a muslim does not mean we stop believing in the original books like the Injeel and Taurat.

Recently I have read of a Rabbi in Jerusalem who reverted to Islam.:)
    http://www.convertstoislam.com/Stories/rabbi.html
    http://change2islam.blogspot.com/200...ces-islam.html
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Aug 25, 2007, 01:41 AM
    Firmbeliever you remind me of myself, both of us have firm beliefs and nothing will change us to believe something else, you believe in Allah as god and I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord :)
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2007, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Marily
    Firmbeliever you remind me of myself, both of us have firm beliefs and nothing will change us to believe something else, you believe in Allah as god and i believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord :)
    Your are right Marily, but I am 100% sure I am right, even if I cannot prove to you I am...
    So lets agree to disagree and leave it at that.. :)
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Aug 25, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    The thing is that Islam has the best of Jewish faith too as we believe in the Torah(Taurat) revealed to Moses(alaihi salaam) and that the Quran contains similar teachings of monotheism and we believe in the commandments sent to Moses(alaihi salaam).

And Islam is also more than a faith, it is a way of life too.It just shows that the roots are the same, Abraham ,Noah,Moses,Jesus and the final Prophet and messenger Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon them all).

And being Islam just means total submission to the One true God and believing in all the messengers and the final messenger and Prophet.The Quran is considered the final revelation hence I have seen quite a number of Christians and I have read testimonies of Jews who have reverted to Islam as they found that Islam has the best of the Chrisitian and Jewish faiths and being a muslim does not mean we stop believing in the original books like the Injeel and Taurat.

Recently I have read of a Rabbi in Jerusalem who reverted to Islam.:)
    Rabbi's Conversion Story - Meeting Place for Reverts/Converts To Islam
    Revert to Islam: A former Rabbi embraces Islam
    I disagree. Judaism has the best of the Jewish Faith. Christianity has the best of the Christian Faith. Islam has the best of the Muslim Faith. All three major Faiths have some shared elements of similarity. Again it's impossible for any born Jew to revert or convert Islam. Muhammed took some of the basic teachings from studying the Torah, however he then went his own direction. Another thing is that Jesus is not just a prophet to Christians, therefore Islam is insufficient to their Christian messianic theology.

Bobby
    Toms777 Posts: 25, Reputation: 4
    -

Sep 1, 2007, 11:34 AM
    If God didn't care what God is called then why did Jesus give us a prayer that says " “hallowed be Thy name”??

Was that name "GOD" or something else?

Tom
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Sep 1, 2007, 12:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    What do you think of this?

Is it a theological leap for Christians and Jews to begin calling God Allah? What doors would it open? Anyone for this idea?
    I've called my son Rich all his life. It's not likely I will ever call him anything but that name. I've called God God all my life so it's not likely I will ever call him anything other than what I know him as... God.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2007, 09:55 PM
    Why do we have to put up with Islamic apologetics on the Christianity Board. The veiw of Christianity is that Muslims are deceived and have followed a different Gospel, one which has led them into a regime of works. Jesus specifically taught against those who would bring a different Gospel
    kindj Posts: 253, Reputation: 105

Sep 5, 2007, 06:59 AM
    I think a major point is being missed here.

"What does God care what we call him? It is our problem,"

If God doesn't care what we call Him, why should Muskins? Why would he push for a common name, against the will and teachings of two of the three major world religions?

Seems to me that another agenda is at work here, and Muskins has disguised it rather poorly indeed.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2007, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kindj
    I think a major point is being missed here.

"What does God care what we call him? It is our problem,"

If God doesn't care what we call Him, why should Muskins? Why would he push for a common name, against the will and teachings of two of the three major world religions?

Seems to me that another agenda is at work here, and Muskins has disguised it rather poorly indeed.
    Thanks Dennis. There is an agenda at work here, whether Muskens has disguised it or unwittingly become a part of that agenda I'm not sure. Either way there is good reason to object to his proposition if you ask me.
    The1888message Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Sep 8, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    What do you think of this?

Is it a theological leap for Christians and Jews to begin calling God Allah? What doors would it open? Anyone for this idea?
    What doors would it open?

Well let’s see.
    Since we have all these “Christians” that are coming together under one banner, WCC, WEA etc, so as to blend the so called PRO-TEST-ANTS, that are no longer protesting anything that they once did but are joining hands with that church that they once protested against.
    I see that they for the most part would have no real problem with this “Allah” thing.

It is just more of the world joining hands and no longer being separate unto the One True God.

As for my house and me we will follow Jehovah and not the son of perdition.

Peace and Grace
    David

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Jehovah or Allah [ 246 Answers ]

In this time of "politically correct" it seems that there is a general good feel attitude about religion. "You're OK, I'm OK" pretty well expresses it. Folks say it doesn't matter how you serve God, because we are all His children. I submit for your consideration this: the God of the Bible is not...

View more questions Search