Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jayprakashp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2007, 10:51 PM
    Unable to admin group
    I open the Administrator group, then press "Add..." The only thing in the "From this location" box is the local machine I'm working on, so I press the "Locations" button. In the resulting window, there is no other option to select from. The only icon in that window is the local machine.

Consequently, I cannot add a domain account to the local Administrators group.
    Maxine321 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2007, 05:05 PM
    So you want to add the local machine onto the Administrative group of a Domain?
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Aug 27, 2007, 05:05 AM
    Did you join the computer to the domain? If not, you need to do that before you can use domain accoutns for permissions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Group - A & Group-T shares [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just want to know what are Group-A shares & Group-T shares and what we mean by that. On what basis this groupings are done

XP Local Administrator Accounts Lose Admin Group Membership [ 6 Answers ]

Could somebody tell me why I lose the administrators group membership on a user account on a Win XP Pro box? I believe it is related to GPO, but cannot determine this to be the case and it would most likely have to be a local GPO - not domain GPO. Could anybody assist with informing me how I can...

Forgot XP Admin passwrd [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have windows XP installed on my laptop and I stupidly made the admin account the only account available on the computer and I have now forgotten the password. I have tried every combanation of what I thought I could be and its none of them! I don't have the XP disk anymore because I borrowed...

Admin. Controls [ 3 Answers ]

Well it's probably a simple solution, but I'll be buggered I can't figure it out... In my contol panel, when I click on Display, I receive a message saying Display has been disabled by administrator (that would be me) But I have no idea when, where, or how!! OK Scottgem I know you can help me,...

View more questions Search