Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    olio5 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2007, 08:44 PM
    He knows I like him.
    We are good friends and since he's in training right now for the Army, all we can do is call. One day I was calling him I decided to tell him I liked him.:D He said really, then we got into a conversation that girls had cooties and boys were gross. We still both call each other. At least once a night, depending upon what day it is maybe more. So I don't know what to do now.:confused: It will be a long time before I can see him in person.:( It might be a little weird. So if any has any advice for me, could you please send it along.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2007, 01:39 AM
    How old are you and how old is he? Knowing that would help people in providing answers for you.

Aug 20, 2007, 12:53 PM
    He is 18 and I am 17. We have know each other for about two years. Being good friends for about 1 year and half.
    Haplo Posts: 128, Reputation: 17

Aug 20, 2007, 12:58 PM
    What sort of advice are you looking for?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2007, 04:24 PM
    If you are calling each other about every night, then you are communicating. That is something really important in relationships. It also shows that you care about each other. So, if the two of you want to keep things going between you, then continue to communicate when you can. Because he is training for the army, there is the possibility that he may get deployed at some point in the future. It will be more difficult for the two of you to communicate with each other by phone then. So, you could then write to each other.

It is difficult to go on in an answer for you because we don't know how serious the relationship really is. If it's not all that serious, then I think the two of you should leave your options open as far as having relationships with other people. If it is somewhat of a serious relationship, then try to communicate, be patient and wait for him.

That is my advice for right now anyway. What sort of things have you shared with each other as friends?

Aug 20, 2007, 06:41 PM
    He just got out of a really bad relationship a while back and so did I about the same time. So I don't want to push for anything, because I know he doesn't want to get hurt again and neither do I. I would say it's somewhat serious. Communication is something we have always shared since being friends, we both aren't judgmental. Epically when he and I needed to talk to someone when we were having some rough spots. We talked even before all that stuff happened and were somewhat close. We both paintball and play video games together, so we do hang out anyway. I'm just so uncertain of how to go about things. Like now that I see I have feelings for him, how to go about things. But once he comes home for a little bit, I know I'm going to want to be close to him, but I'm unsure of what he wants. I'm just so uncertain. I don't want to ask him, because he is in training and having to deal with anymore stuff on his plate wouldn't be that good. He does know I like him, I told him when he was feeling a little down about his training and it did cheer him up some. That's when we got into the talk about girls having cooties and boys being gross. I was unsure how to take that or what that meant, so we changed the topic. That's about all I can think of for now.

Aug 21, 2007, 09:30 PM
    Guess there is no time to be uncertain now. He went and broke his ankle on one of his jumps for training. This means one of two things, A: they might let him come home for a little bit or B: they keep him there even longer. It's uncertain right now what they plan on doing. I just don't know how he feels about anything, that's why I'm so lost. Maybe things will work out I hope...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search